+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLS HELP! TRV application for wife, 2 previous refusals

hpp81

May 15, 2015
Hi members,

I am new to the forum, but I know you guys have helped each other in many ways and can do the same for me.

I'm working in Canada and have a permit valid until March 2017. I would like to apply for a TRV for my wife in India. We got married in 2012 and I applied for a TRV for her in Feb 2013 and that was refused citing family ties in India/Canada, insufficient funds, travel history and her employment situation. Later, we applied for spousal open work permit in May 2013 and that was denied in August 2013 stating insufficient funds, ties in home country and ineligibility to apply for sowp (although my job is under NOC A). I then applied for PR for both of us last November under CEC and the application was returned as the cap was reached.
So, I am now thinking of applying for TRV for her. She's been working there for the past 9 months. My income right now is more than it was the last 2 applications, plus we did not show funds in my account last time and now I can show my savings as well.

1) I was wondering if it is better to ask for a TRV for 6 months? and show sufficient funds (she has about $14,000 CAD in FD and savings, and I have $13,000 CAD in savings), we have land in India worth around Rs. 5 Lakhs, her job, letter from my family doctor in India stating she's looking after my aged/frail parents, my parents' house and land valuation and their notarized letter stating that I am their only son and they will support us if needed, travel itinerary, etc.

2) Or, is it better to ask for the duration of my permit (expiring in March 2017) and submit upfront medicals as well?

3) I work as a priest and my annual income is about $31K. Some people are saying it is better for me to get a Canadian citizen or PR holder to act as the principal host in the application. Is that helpful? Is it not better not to seek external help? I don't have any family/relatives here, so it'll have to be friends.

4) successful applicants, and experts (i.e. Bryanna), please guide me as to what I can do, given my circumstances. I would really like to put forth a strong application this time and would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you!!