App. Filed.......
15.08.2011, received by Mike on 22.08.2011 before cap was updated on website
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
Original sent Band 7.5
Please help.... We as a family are applying for study permit for me and for my husband open work permit (OPW) and TRV for us 2 and for our 4 year old son. Question is: If I get Pregnant after I join the university in Canada, Can I take couple of months off. I heard I can take one semester off i.e. 4 months in 1 year but if my pregancy does not go well can I take more than 4 months off and submit a letter from Doctor. Reason is that I want to know if in this case my study permit will be invalid and there by OWP of my husband also invalid?
Seniors, Leon, PMM please help me here. Many thanks!

ONS

Aug 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
Original sent Band 7.5
Please can anyone help me...No body is replying....I am worried.....Please please help Seniors....

Gsaa

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry i have no answer for this que but i suggest u to write this post in other categories too may be it will be helpful for u best of luck

ONS

Aug 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
Original sent Band 7.5
Gsaa said:
sorry i have no answer for this que but i suggest u to write this post in other categories too may be it will be helpful for u best of luck
Thanks Gsaa for the tip.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ONS said:
Please help.... We as a family are applying for study permit for me and for my husband open work permit (OPW) and TRV for us 2 and for our 4 year old son. Question is: If I get Pregnant after I join the university in Canada, Can I take couple of months off. I heard I can take one semester off i.e. 4 months in 1 year but if my pregancy does not go well can I take more than 4 months off and submit a letter from Doctor. Reason is that I want to know if in this case my study permit will be invalid and there by OWP of my husband also invalid?
Seniors, Leon, PMM please help me here. Many thanks!
Looks very complex issue. I hope seniors will share something.

But I would like to say something. I think now its "almost impossible" to get Open Work Permit on the basis of Spouse study permit. We have atleast two such example over here where they get rejected for OWP on the basis of study permit. You can even read those two threads (both answered by Leon and PMM)

well, I am not an expert (just a student), may be I am wrong !

ONS

Aug 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
Original sent Band 7.5
enfield said:
Looks very complex issue. I hope seniors will share something.

But I would like to say something. I think now its "almost impossible" to get Open Work Permit on the basis of Spouse study permit. We have atleast two such example over here where they get rejected for OWP on the basis of study permit. You can even read those two threads (both answered by Leon and PMM)

well, I am not an expert (just a student), may be I am wrong !
Thanks enfield, please could you send me the link to those tow threads, It will be a big help. Many thanks

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ONS said:
Thanks enfield, please could you send me the link to those tow threads, It will be a big help. Many thanks
Yes, here it is. I am sending you one link, just scroll down this page, you will find "another link" which is a second thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/open-work-permit-for-a-spouse-of-postgraduation-work-permit-holder-t81534.0.html

and If you want you can also send one personal message to Leon and PMM. Well, if are looking for a "long reply" thn Leon is the best one. PMM is very short in his reply, may be he will write only Yes or No.

zara1

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2011
Med's Request
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for decision
LANDED..........
Not Yet
@Enfield if i am not mistaken, in the previous cases the open work permit was not given to spouses of PGWP applicants and not student permit applicants. I too have applied for a student permit and my spouse plans to come on open work permit so i am following this thread quite carefully.
@ONS I think you should call up the call centre of CIC and put forward your query and also check with your college/university international students help centre and find out how long a break you can take for pregnancy. :)
Good luck!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zara1 said:
@ Enfield if i am not mistaken, in the previous cases the open work permit was not given to spouses of PGWP applicants and not student permit applicants. I too have applied for a student permit and my spouse plans to come on open work permit so i am following this thread quite carefully.
@ ONS I think you should call up the call centre of CIC and put forward your query and also check with your college/university international students help centre and find out how long a break you can take for pregnancy. :)
Good luck!
hi,

Yes you are right, PGWP and Student Permit applicant are two different thing. But the logic behind it might be the same. And also I know one more case here where one Indian Couple got rejected for Student cum OWP visa, but I must clarify that their rejection was in addition to study mismatch issue

I repeat, as I said earlier that I am not an expert, just a student so chances do exist that I may be wrong with my presumptions. So its better to get clarify from CIC.

thanks.

ONS

Aug 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
Original sent Band 7.5
Thanks to all of you for your replies....