+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls help in decision making

Rumaan 2002

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
my friend is having an open work permit (ontario),for 2 years time, does his work permit leads to PR eventually? his employer is ready to help me in getting open work permit.
As he is also convincing me to come on open work permit and then we both go for PR after sometime.
Can anybody please help me in making my decision.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On what basis did your friend get an open work permit? Will the same basis apply to you? What type of work will you and he be doing? That information is important to know in order to answer your questions.

henry9001

May 10, 2013
as far as I've known, there is none of work permit can automatically lead you to be PR. You have to meet the requirement for immigration under skilled worker program, canadian experience class, etc. in order to apply for PR. Depends on which program, there will be different processing time

if his employer helps you to get an open work permit while you have a certain diploma/training more than 8 months, this can be an open post graduation work permit for you that allow you to apply for PR under skilled worker, canadian experience class or provincial nominee program after working in canada 6-12 months

Rumaan 2002

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Thanks henry, for your such a detailed answer.

Dear Amira , my freind got a job in a showroom floor sales. and same he is asking for me.
can you advise what will be the prospects.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure this is an open work permit? If the permit says that you're only authorized to work for that identified employer, in that specific job and in that specific location, then it's a closed work permit. What is the NOC code of the job?