+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pls advise: PROOF OF FUNDS

IDO

Feb 14, 2010
Hi all,

Does anyone know how much money is required as proof of funds when applying for live in caregiver visa from abroad? I find it strange that the application instructions include showing proof of funds, even though one is applying for work.

Please advise

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
IDO said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know how much money is required as proof of funds when applying for live in caregiver visa from abroad? I find it strange that the application instructions include showing proof of funds, even though one is applying for work.

Please advise
Can you please give the link to the said requirement?

IDO

Feb 14, 2010
Here's an example:

The same info (proof of funds) is requested from local consulates as well.

cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
IDO said:
Here's an example:

The same info (proof of funds) is requested from local consulates as well.

cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF
Hmmm. Checklist ask for proof of funds but I can't seem to find the guidelines for TFW. For PRs:

http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2010/01/canadian-immigration-proof-of-funds-what-you-need-to-know/

IDO

Feb 14, 2010
You are absolutely right j_s ! There is a guide for PR applicants, but not for work visa.
Furthermore, it is stated "You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada."
So, why do they ask for it? Just wondering cause I need to know...

Thanks anyone

IDO

Feb 14, 2010
I just wish i knew how much is expected to be shown...hopefully not up to $10,000 as expected for skilled worker applicants

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
Proof of funds is required if you are applying for permanent residency not for temporary working permit.

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ymanoelpia said:
Proof of funds is required if you are applying for permanent residency not for temporary working permit.
You absolutely need proof of funds and show your ties with the home country. You have to convince the Visa officer that you will return at the end of your authorised period of stay in Canada. So, you have to show ties e.g. real estate, bank account, family etc.

IDO

Feb 14, 2010
I know CSIC, but I'm only 24 years old, no real estate, no land, no children, no husband or anything like that. I have about the equivalant of only $500 in my account ( they don't pay me in USD where I work now. I make local currency which is low compared to the dollar, and I cannot steal the money to show more to the visa officer). What i do have for sure is good work experience, and confidence that I will do a good job as a caregiver. I don't know what I can use to prove ties to my country....this is so discouraging.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
IDO said:
You are absolutely right j_s ! There is a guide for PR applicants, but not for work visa.
Furthermore, it is stated "You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada."
So, why do they ask for it? Just wondering cause I need to know...

Thanks anyone
Hi

I was just going through your post and you have a point here. So for proof of funds attach a copy of the contract. I am assuming you already have an LMO and a contract. So if you have these, your app is ready to go.

IDO

Feb 14, 2010
But, I've been to several consulate web sites, including my own, and they all insist on proof of funds for work visa applicants. It's even on the CIC check list. They are confusing. I guess i'll just have to attach contract as you said, and see what happens.

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IDO said:
I know CSIC, but I'm only 24 years old, no real estate, no land, no children, no husband or anything like that. I have about the equivalant of only $500 in my account ( they don't pay me in USD where I work now. I make local currency which is low compared to the dollar, and I cannot steal the money to show more to the visa officer). What i do have for sure is good work experience, and confidence that I will do a good job as a caregiver. I don't know what I can use to prove ties to my country....this is so discouraging.
Do you have family? Parents? Their pictures, any real estate in their name will do the job. You have to prove that you have a reason to go back at the end of your contract.
Thanks!

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
12-20-2011 (December 20th 2011)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-22-2011 Passport Submission: December 20th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Please advise LMO time line in Manitoba

Hi Everyone,

My employer has received the certificate of registration and had apply for LMO in Winnipeg office (4 days ago). Does anyone know how much time it will take to get LMO approval? My job comes under NOC 6221. (Technical Sales professional).

many many thanks in advance.

best regards
Ravi

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
12-20-2011 (December 20th 2011)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-22-2011 Passport Submission: December 20th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Re: Please advise LMO time line in Manitoba

kapil27 said:
Hi Everyone,

My employer has received the certificate of registration and had apply for LMO in Winnipeg office (4 days ago). Does anyone know how much time it will take to get LMO approval? My job comes under NOC 6221. (Technical Sales professional).

many many thanks in advance.

best regards
Ravi