+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***PLEASEEEE HELPPP - PORTAL EMAIL 1 RECIEVED BUT NEED TO TRAVEL ABROAD IN 5 DAYS***

Mayu11

Jan 22, 2022
Category........
CEC
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Got Portal Email #1 on March 7th.
But have an unavoidable abroad trip planned on March 13th.

Responded back to email on the same day saying: Yes I am in Canada, however have trip from xxx date to xxx date. And that can I respond once back to Canada.

1. How long does it take for the officer to get back?
2. Should I proceed with the trip if I don't hear from them before then?
3. What are the chances that I must cancel these tickets?

I am struggling in anxiety here :( Any input can help!!!

Thanks so much!

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Got Portal Email #1 on March 7th.
But have an unavoidable abroad trip planned on March 13th.

Responded back to email on the same day saying: Yes I am in Canada, however have trip from xxx date to xxx date. And that can I respond once back to Canada.

1. How long does it take for the officer to get back?
2. Should I proceed with the trip if I don't hear from them before then?
3. What are the chances that I must cancel these tickets?

I am struggling in anxiety here :( Any input can help!!!

Thanks so much!
Usually IRCC officer responds in 1-2 days.
You can travel abroad and return back to Canada on current temporary resident status until you get eCOPR.
I was in similar situation I called IRCC and agent mentioned there is no timeline to respond to portal mail and you can respond after go on vacation/urgent trip as well that you are outside Canada and would return by this date.
Also, in case you have responded to mail the IRCC officer would respond please reply back once you come back to Canada if he/she reads your mail completely as they would require your latest entry to Canada.
Then, there are cases officer initiated Portal credentials if they see you are in Canada and provided all the details in requested format(uci, mail etc). Both happened with me so I know the anxiety but I was able to travel on vacation and when I returned to Canada I replied to IRCC that we are back and we received eCOPR.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Mayu11

Mayu11

Jan 22, 2022
Category........
CEC
Thanks so much!!!

You are absolutely right Jax fan..

I just called IRCC and they informed that as long as I have responded accurately about my travel plans to them in the first portal email, it should be fine to travel. I was panicking because I did not receive a response back from them. They confirmed, even then, it is fine to travel.

Just in case, or by mistake, if they send us the portal #2 email with all the portal credentials, we can still reply back to them in the same email saying - you are still on your trip, as per your initial email and will respond once you are back to Canada.

Just wanted to update for anyone who is in a similar situation.

Thanks!!!

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Thanks so much!!!

You are absolutely right Jax fan..

I just called IRCC and they informed that as long as I have responded accurately about my travel plans to them in the first portal email, it should be fine to travel. I was panicking because I did not receive a response back from them. They confirmed, even then, it is fine to travel.

Just in case, or by mistake, if they send us the portal #2 email with all the portal credentials, we can still reply back to them in the same email saying - you are still on your trip, as per your initial email and will respond once you are back to Canada.

Just wanted to update for anyone who is in a similar situation.

Thanks!!!
Yes.
Please refer thread I created which explains the IRCC mistake scenario: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-required-pr-portal-confirmation-in-canada-within-7-days.786786/