+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please i want to reapply for a study permit after been refused. I don't know how to go about it but

darhrmsarm

Sep 2, 2019
Please i want to reapply for a study permit after been refused. I don't know how to go about it but this is what I got from the case file:

"I am not satisfied that you will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application".

Also reads:
"28 yr old who appears to have some technical training claims self employment since 2018. All proof of funds from parents. Does not appear to be established. No travel. Not satisfied with the purpose of travel. Not a genuine student".

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Better address first what is written on the refusal before you apply.

28 yr old who appears to have some technical training claims self employment since 2018. All proof of funds from parents. Does not appear to be established.
Visa officer finds it suspicious as at your mature age of 28 you are still dependent on your parents. You are self employed, but it looks like it doesn't do much as you as they find you not established. Do you have assets and savings of your own? Better build on that. You must prove to them you are independent and have means to finance your study.

No travel. Not satisfied with the purpose of travel.
The reasons why travel history is important is that the visa officer wants to see that you are financially capable to travel and you did not overstay in the country where you went to. You cannot proclaim that you are a tourist if you never stepped out of your country. Go out and explore other countries.

darhrmsarm

Sep 2, 2019
Better address first what is written on the refusal before you apply.

Visa officer finds it suspicious as at your mature age of 28 you are still dependent on your parents. You are self employed, but it looks like it doesn't do much as you as they find you not established. Do you have assets and savings of your own? Better build on that. You must prove to them you are independent and have means to finance your study.

The reasons why travel history is important is that the visa officer wants to see that you are financially capable to travel and you did not overstay in the country where you went to. You cannot proclaim that you are a tourist if you never stepped out of your country. Go out and explore other countries.

Yes i have assets and savings of my own but not compared to my parents.

I'll also try to work on the travel history.

Thank you

chidosky4ril

Sep 7, 2019
I will advise you present your details sincerely and genuinely, just the way you are. Base on what you have written, it doesn't show in any way that you are genuine in your quest even if you are. First, you need to build on your finance, since your parent have much more than you as you earlier stated, you can get them (parents) to prepare a 'gift deed' of a particular amount transferred to you, you can write a letter of explanation to support the transfer attaching copies of the Notarized gift deeds. Also, aside from the transfer of funds, your parents can support your application with an Affidavit (Affidavit of support). I don't agree with the previous writer on the independency on parents as a reason. No.. Lots of students still depends on their parents for support, it depends on how you prepared your application. You can work on your travel history and also show proofs of all places visited (scan copies of all pages of your passport). This shows your entry and exit on your passport without overstaying given dates. This is just a piece of my opinion based on experience. I hope this helps. Thank you

darhrmsarm

Sep 2, 2019
I will advise you present your details sincerely and genuinely, just the way you are. Base on what you have written, it doesn't show in any way that you are genuine in your quest even if you are. First, you need to build on your finance, since your parent have much more than you as you earlier stated, you can get them (parents) to prepare a 'gift deed' of a particular amount transferred to you, you can write a letter of explanation to support the transfer attaching copies of the Notarized gift deeds. Also, aside from the transfer of funds, your parents can support your application with an Affidavit (Affidavit of support). I don't agree with the previous writer on the independency on parents as a reason. No.. Lots of students still depends on their parents for support, it depends on how you prepared your application. You can work on your travel history and also show proofs of all places visited (scan copies of all pages of your passport). This shows your entry and exit on your passport without overstaying given dates. This is just a piece of my opinion based on experience. I hope this helps. Thank you
Thank you for your advice. Bless you

darhrmsarm

Sep 2, 2019
My p
My parents helped me with the affidavit of support which was attached to my previous application. I also have a landed property ( plots of lands) which is been developed gradually but wasn't attached to my previous application.

chidosky4ril

Sep 7, 2019
Ok. i will like to ask you few questions.

1. Whats your position in your family among your siblings..?

2. Why not get a property assessors to evaluate the said properties and prepare a Property valuation report.. This is not a proof to guarantee funds for studies but a tie... I have a cousin who presented properties worth over USD$150,000, both in Buildings and lands.. attaching all documents as evaluated by property assessors. Well, cases differs.

Aside your travel history, i think the main reason for rejection might be the way and manner you presented your facts in your application especially in your study plan/letter of explanations (if any).... In addition, there is no evidence of concrete proof to guarantee your return upon completing your studies... there are lots of things that could serve as a strong tie to your home country.

darhrmsarm

Sep 2, 2019
Ok. i will like to ask you few questions.

1. Whats your position in your family among your siblings..?

2. Why not get a property assessors to evaluate the said properties and prepare a Property valuation report.. This is not a proof to guarantee funds for studies but a tie... I have a cousin who presented properties worth over USD$150,000, both in Buildings and lands.. attaching all documents as evaluated by property assessors. Well, cases differs.

Aside your travel history, i think the main reason for rejection might be the way and manner you presented your facts in your application especially in your study plan/letter of explanations (if any).... In addition, there is no evidence of concrete proof to guarantee your return upon completing your studies... there are lots of things that could serve as a strong tie to your home country.
1. I'm the last born

2. Well a property assessor could be considered. I was thinking if the receipts and agreements of the land ( Being an incompleted off campus hostel project) could be of use too even if there isn't a property assessor, just saying but i love the suggestion anyways.

well i think my letter of explanation was okay. Just there wasn't proof that I would return after my studies except explaining what I plan to do when I get back to my home country

chidosky4ril

Sep 7, 2019
Considering your age, your parent has a lot to play in your application. You need to strongly convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country at the end of your study. Sometimes, what you feel is good may not be good enough.. get a REGISTERED property accessor for a property valuation report on company letter head (signed and sealed) and attached all receipt as you mentioned. Furthermore, i will advise you notarize it and other sensitive document. These are my simple opinion based on my little experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: darhrmsarm

darhrmsarm

Sep 2, 2019
Considering your age, your parent has a lot to play in your application. You need to strongly convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country at the end of your study. Sometimes, what you feel is good may not be good enough.. get a property accessor for a REGISTERED property valuation report on company letter head (signed and sealed) and attached all receipt as you mentioned. Furthermore, i will advise you notarize it and other sensitive document. These are my simple opinion based on my little experience.
Got it. Thank you

Reactions: chidosky4ril