+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

Sodha13

Jan 10, 2020
Hey everyone,
Please help me here to answer this question
My sister has no status in Canada but she get married to Canadian citizen today but her passport is going to expire November this year.
she is going to apply for spouse permanent residency application with in few days

here my question is can she apply for passport renewal in Canada being on implied status?
Please answer my question.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,
My sister has no status in Canada but she get married to Canadian citizen today but her passport is going to expire November this year.
she is going to apply for spouse permanent residency application with in few days

here my question is can she apply for passport renewal in Canada being on implied status?
Thank you
Applying for spousal sponsorship will not give her implied status. She will still be out of status.

When did she fall out of status? How long ago?

Reactions: Ponga

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The question of what is required to renew passport (being in status or not) has very little to do with Canada, it's the rules of the issuing country that matter.

Reactions: Ponga

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

Thank you
She should submit an Inland (SCPLC) Spousal Sponsorship application ASAP, before here passport expires! Only an Inland applicant benefits from the Public Policy that waives the requirement for an applicant to have legal status in Canada to be eligible for PR consideration, provided that she is not found to be inadmissible for reasons other than the lack of status.