+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please HELP!!!!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
75,146
12,643
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rob_TO said:
The most obvious course of action here seems to be to submit the inland app with OWP app as soon as you possibly can (definitely before the interview), so you would immediately be legal in Canada under implied visitor status. Unless i'm missing something with how implied status works.
Submitting the application unfortunately won't give her implied / legal status in Canada. Her status will continue to be overstay / out of status. Implied status only works if you currently have status in Canada. Since the OP is out of status, she will remain out of status even once the application is submitted.

However having an inland application submitted can certainly work in your favour if CBSA has started looking into you. The one concern I would have is that she's submitting the application extremely late. Ideally the application would have been submitted several months ago and she would at least have a file number by now (i.e. before the call with CBSA). But at this point I think anything is worth a try...
 

VioletBlue

Hero Member
Aug 30, 2013
306
10
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds like a good plan! In any case if they ask "well have you submitted it yet?" Better to say "Yes" than a "No"


Ponga said:
It sounds like they are giving you a chance to get your application in...so...GET TO WORK!!!! ;D

See this as an opportunity, of sorts, because it is now forcing you to move forward (much faster than you had planned, I know) but moving forward is ALWAYS a good thing.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
75,146
12,643
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
VioletBlue said:
Sounds like a good plan! In any case if they ask "well have you submitted it yet?" Better to say "Yes" than a "No"
Absolutely. Make sure you have the application submitted before the call. Good luck.
 

Mrembo

Hero Member
Apr 17, 2012
328
7
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
2010
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Ponga said:
I had no idea that CBSA was required to give anyone that's out of status the opportunity to submit an inland sponsorship application. Are you certain that this is a requirement and not just a courtesy for people that appear to have no other inadmissibility issues?!?!
I didn't write "anyone"...what they told me since I was married to a Canadian(for a few years )and we have kids together then they were required to give me a chance which they did!!...I had to do it ASAP,they gave me one week and I had to email the officer a copy of receipt (payment) and copies of the submitted appliactions!!!
Whatever your situation I guess determines the outcome,her case sounds similar to mine so I pray she gets the same outcome!!!
 

Mrembo

Hero Member
Apr 17, 2012
328
7
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
2010
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
scylla said:
Submitting the application unfortunately won't give her implied / legal status in Canada. Her status will continue to be overstay / out of status. Implied status only works if you currently have status in Canada. Since the OP is out of status, she will remain out of status even once the application is submitted.

However having an inland application submitted can certainly work in your favour if CBSA has started looking into you. The one concern I would have is that she's submitting the application extremely late. Ideally the application would have been submitted several months ago and she would at least have a file number by now (i.e. before the call with CBSA). But at this point I think anything is worth a try...
Submitting an application definitely doesn't but if she gets her first stage approved then that will restore her status,just the same way it qualifies her for a work permit!!....like I wrote before,am only speaking from experience,just as scared as she is,so was I!!!!,I had not submitted my application when they called me in but they asked me to,am sure it would have been better if I had already submitted the app but that's spilled water now!!!...let's wait and see what they tell her when they call her for the interview!
 

Mrembo

Hero Member
Apr 17, 2012
328
7
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
2010
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Ponga said:
It sounds like they are giving you a chance to get your application in...so...GET TO WORK!!!! ;D

See this as an opportunity, of sorts, because it is now forcing you to move forward (much faster than you had planned, I know) but moving forward is ALWAYS a good thing.
That's funny because that's exactly how I felt/looked at it!!!!
My application is not finalized yet but am positive it's in the works!!!
Who knows?i probably would be putting it off still!!!
Moving forward is sure a good thing,a big weight lifted off the shoulders!!!
 

VioletBlue

Hero Member
Aug 30, 2013
306
10
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.....yes our cases seem similar I've been married since 2011 and met my husband in 2006 so our marriage is obviously legitimate....we have one 20 mth old and I'm 6 mths pregnant w baby #2...they asked me all this and wrote it down....not sure If it will help at all ...I'm hoping it will.

I know I made a mistake for Not applying for Visitors visa years ago....but I didn't know I could have done that...I thought I could only apply for live in caregiver one....same one I came here with...and that was my mistake...

So now I'm paying for it...:/

I hope the person who will be interviewing me will have some understanding....and won't be one of those who just want to ship you back....no matter what


Mrembo said:
Submitting an application definitely doesn't but if she gets her first stage approved then that will restore her status,just the same way it qualifies her for a work permit!!....like I wrote before,am only speaking from experience,just as scared as she is,so was I!!!!,I had not submitted my application when they called me in but they asked me to,am sure it would have been better if I had already submitted the app but that's spilled water now!!!...let's wait and see what they tell her when they call her for the interview!
 

VioletBlue

Hero Member
Aug 30, 2013
306
10
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mrembo....were u also out of status and they called u in for an interview??? Was it phone one or in person??



Mrembo said:
That's funny because that's exactly how I felt/looked at it!!!!
My application is not finalized yet but am positive it's in the works!!!
Who knows?i probably would be putting it off still!!!
Moving forward is sure a good thing,a big weight lifted off the shoulders!!!
 

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
7,598
417
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure you have the latest versions of the forms! I know that CIC updated at least one of them in Nov 2013 and since you've been posting here for a few months, you might have an old version of this form (I think it was IMM0008).

Remember, that you cannot change/modify/correct any of the forms once you mail them, so be very careful. You can, obviously provide additional information if requested, but you can't change what you declare in the original forms (I believe).

I suggest spending the majority of your time on the required forms first, followed by required documents, followed by evidence of proof of your marriage.

Sending the first two, before your interview, would be the bare minimum (IMHO) to hopefully not have everything returned.

Good luck!
 

VioletBlue

Hero Member
Aug 30, 2013
306
10
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I will do that! Thank you for the advice....

I was wondering, why didn't they just hand me deportation order ?? Why r they giving me this interview...

Not complaining! But was just wondering.
 

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
3,674
190
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
How unfortunate! You've been married since 2011 and could have put in the sponsorship application then. Oh well, hindsight 20/20.

Who knows, may be they have a heart afterall or your forthcoming nature(honesty). :) More importantly, you were not detained because they believe you will show up for the interview and answer your phone. Also, it's not that easy for a family to up and run. A single person may have been detained.

So get that application done asap. For medicals, you can do the physical exam and blood tests and the x-ray after delivery. Your designated medical practioner will give you a letter regarding deferring the x-ray to after delivery. Or if you feel comfortble(discuss with your doctor), you can get the x-ray done with a protective apron over your belly.

VioletBlue said:
Ok I will do that! Thank you for the advice....

I was wondering, why didn't they just hand me deportation order ?? Why r they giving me this interview...

Not complaining! But was just wondering.
 

VioletBlue

Hero Member
Aug 30, 2013
306
10
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep..no ones fault but mine for putting it off this long :(.....not much I can do about that now but duah it and get it in....ugh...this was my Worst nightmare...and it came true....I just Hope this interview doesn't end up in a Worst case scenario and they deport me....i'll die if they separate me from my 20mth old baby :''(....sucks to me Me at the moment
 

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
7,598
417
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue,

You have a few different threads regarding your situation, but I don't believe that any of them tell us where you are from. IF you were to be deported, where would they send you?

I know your concern is that your husband's race and religion do not meet with approval of your family, but where are they?
Would you be sent home to your country of birth, (where your family is??), or had you been living elsewhere before you entered Canada?
 

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
132
4
121
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Ponga said:
The problem with submitting an incomplete package, is that you have a good chance of having everything returned to you before CIC does anything at all.
Yep, that's exactly what they do. If there's anything missing AT ALL, the whole kit and kaboodle gets sent back, including any payments. I didn't realise I was missing a form and they sent it all back to me, which set me back a whole month, in the end.
 

VioletBlue

Hero Member
Aug 30, 2013
306
10
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just saw this now....my home country is Bosnia. That's where I lived before I moved here. I've been there through 4 y of war and just don't want to live there again .... I don't feel like its my home.....I don't like the closed minded ness that ppl still have over there for example....they don't accept homosexuals, different races, religions different than their own...stuff like that.... My husbnt is Native American so u can imagine why I don't want to go back after living here for 8y now


quote author=Ponga link=topic=180519.msg2832490#msg2832490 date=1389662473]
VioletBlue,

You have a few different threads regarding your situation, but I don't believe that any of them tell us where you are from. IF you were to be deported, where would they send you?

I know your concern is that your husband's race and religion do not meet with approval of your family, but where are they?
Would you be sent home to your country of birth, (where your family is??), or had you been living elsewhere before you entered Canada?


[/quote]