+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help, work permit refused due to incorrect payment

Ivy12345

May 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a special case about my work permit extension. I just received a refusal letter from CIC due to an incorrect payment I made. It shows I did not pay the $100 for an open work permit holder fee. I have no problem to pay any outstanding amount to CIC if I can get a notification before my case is refused. When I determine my eligibility online, I answered all the questions based on my current situation. The CIC checklist shows the fee for $155 for a work permit, and I am actually is qualified for an open work permit. I did not notices until yesterday when my case is refused.

I used my provincial nomination to apply the open work permit, and it is expired back in Jan 2016. I submit everything according to the CIC checklist before the expiration date.

Now my work permit is refused and closed. I do not know if I can use my provincial nomination again because my special case. I also submit a case specific inquire with the $100 receipt and proof document of the $155 on the check list, and I do not know if this will help or not.

I also received my acknowledgement of processing my permanent residence application under federal PNP program. Can I use the application from the acknowledgement to apply a work permit again?

Hoping anyone can help me, really appreciate :)

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Ivy12345 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a special case about my work permit extension. I just received a refusal letter from CIC due to an incorrect payment I made. It shows I did not pay the $100 for an open work permit holder fee. I have no problem to pay any outstanding amount to CIC if I can get a notification before my case is refused. When I determine my eligibility online, I answered all the questions based on my current situation. The CIC checklist shows the fee for $155 for a work permit, and I am actually is qualified for an open work permit. I did not notices until yesterday when my case is refused.

I used my provincial nomination to apply the open work permit, and it is expired back in Jan 2016. I submit everything according to the CIC checklist before the expiration date.

Now my work permit is refused and closed. I do not know if I can use my provincial nomination again because my special case. I also submit a case specific inquire with the $100 receipt and proof document of the $155 on the check list, and I do not know if this will help or not.

I also received my acknowledgement of processing my permanent residence application under federal PNP program. Can I use the application from the acknowledgement to apply a work permit again?

You might need a lawyer to help you re ur case...

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Some options, assuming you still having valid status (current WP valid).

Ask CIC for reconsideration, perhaps you should pay all fees again (255+100). Explain you made a mistake. Don't expect a positive answer.

Some PNP can extend the nomination expiry date, explain you problem and try to get a extension to re-apply. (This should be your first option)

Don't let your current WP expires, apply for visitor status if nothing else works.

Did you apply for PR with PNP nomination?
If so, perhaps you can apply for BOWP based on your PR application (AOR needed but if you're out of options just include a letter of explanation and your UCI number)

ann.ann

Mar 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

Hi, i have got the same issue. Can you help me?
What did you do to restore the status, and apply for the new work permit.
And how long does it take to get a new work permit.

Don't know if you are still here, but I'm looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks alot.