+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!!! Work Permit has been mailed to the wrong address

Newbieank

Aug 13, 2022
Hey Guys,
I’m in a same situation right now.

my work permit was approved on 15 july and was sent to an old address. I have raised three webforms since than but have received no response not even the automatic reply from IRCC. My SIN is going to be expire on Nov 30. Please help me out!!

Motisha

Jan 23, 2023
Hi.. Please how long did the work permit take to get to you permit after requesting for a reprint from IRCC?

Motisha

Jan 23, 2023
Thats the problem, you can't reach them through phone...it will put you on series of prompt then at the end it will say high volume of calls and will end the call...it will not put you on hold for the que..i have kept calling the number since the other day...
And im not a refugee claimant...hehehe i got my work visa through HSW program..
Is it possible to just go to the border instead?

Motisha

Jan 23, 2023
Please how long did it take for the work permit to get to you after requesting for a reprint from IRCC?

helpneeded22

Feb 15, 2024
Hello , IRCC sent work permit to me but Canada post returned it saying that they couldn't find the address . This happened in december 2023 and since then I have been contacting the IRCC through calls and web form and they haven't sent my work permit again to the corrected address .
Can anyone suggest what can I do ?

helpneeded22

Feb 15, 2024
Hey Guys,

my work permit was approved on 15 july and was sent to an old address. I have raised three webforms since than but have received no response not even the automatic reply from IRCC. My SIN is going to be expire on Nov 30. Please help me out!!

Hello , did you get your work permit ?what did you do ? I am in same situation .

helpneeded22

Feb 15, 2024
Hey Guys,

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do if you don't know the people who live at that residence. You could try to get in touch with them if you know them. In my case, I waited about a month and then reported the work permit missing or stolen (No way to retrieve it). And then IRCC mailed a new work permit. Please keep on trying to get in touch with IRCC. I wish you the best of luck. Take care. :)

How long did it take IRCC to send you the copy of your work permit ?