+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP !!! URGENT !!!

sameersoni

May 18, 2009
Hi All,

I am a PR of Canada since Sep 05 and got my PR Card in Oct 05. So i Stayed in Canada for a month at that time then came back to my home country for a vacation as there were a lot of pending obligations which had to be fulfilled back home as I had been living out of my home country for almost 5 years and had not visited back once. I came back to Canada in Aug 06 with the purpose of settling down in Canada but due to my Father's ill health, I had to rush back to my home country after 3 weeks and have been living there since. Now my Father is totally fine and I am again planning to move back to Canada. My PR Card is Valid but as i cannot fulfill my residency obligations of 730 days. I have read a lot about this subject in various forums. From what i have gathered, i should take a risk to going back to canada and pray that the immigration office does not stop me and ask me about the residency obligations. I have all the medical certificates from the doctor who was treating my Father for the H&C gounds if required. I have the following questions:

1. what are the chances of entering canada without the immigration office asking me anything ?
2. what are the chances of my being allowed to enter on H&C grounds ?
3. Can the immigration office deport me from the airport itself (Toronto)or would he give me a deportation order and would allow me to enter canada for the appeal ?

Would appreciate if someone with similar experience would also answer to my post. I am planning to go in the first/second week of June.

Thank You
Sameer

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You have to fill out a customs form on the plane. They will ask you on that form how long you were away from Canada. If you say you were away from Canada for years, it's obvious you have lost your PR status. If you lie, you risk they will find out and cancel your PR status anyway. Usually the visa officers chat, they ask you how was your vacation etc. If you refuse to answer them or you look like you have something to hide, they may get suspicious.

2. I don't know. If you present proof of your fathers illness, you can try it but who knows.

3. From what I have heard, they will give you 30 days in Canada to make your appeal.