+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help "sponsored spouse questionnaire"

786star

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
I am living in Dubai with my husband. I started living with him after our marriage. I have never lived with him before.
there is a question in sponsored spouse / partner questionnaire :
in question number 27 : they are asking
have u and your sponsor lived together?
answer is yes:
then give dates of period of cohabitation: (From date ....to this date)
my question is from the day of my marriage i m living with him till now.
So how could I tell them till what date it ended?
if i write present (should i write it by hand as you can't type "present" in date box)

Also i have never lived with him before marriage so should i answer "NO" to this question ? as they are asking period of cohabitation and cohabitation means "Cohabitation is an arrangement where two people who are not married live together in an intimate relationship"???

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
786star said:
I am living in Dubai with my husband. I started living with him after our marriage. I have never lived with him before.
there is a question in sponsored spouse / partner questionnaire :
in question number 27 : they are asking
have u and your sponsor lived together?
answer is yes:
then give dates of period of cohabitation: (From date ....to this date)
my question is from the day of my marriage i m living with him till now.
So how could I tell them till what date it ended?
if i write present (should i write it by hand as you can't type "present" in date box)

Also i have never lived with him before marriage so should i answer "NO" to this question ? as they are asking period of cohabitation and cohabitation means "Cohabitation is an arrangement where two people who are not married live together in an intimate relationship"???
Don't rely strictly on Wikipedia :)

Cohabitation is usually used to refer to unmarried couples but it also applies to married couples. Anytime that you lived with your husband, you were cohabiting, so you cannot put "No" for that.

For the end date, because this form doesn't need to be validated, you can print the form out and write "present" by hand.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
hello there as what i understand this question is asking if you have lived together before you got married. as you will check there is a follow up question asking if you are living with your sponsor now.........

786star

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
so i am again confuse .......in my scenario i have never lived with him before then i should write no ....................
cause in the other question they are asking are u currently living with ur sponsor?

thanks everyone......please reply and clear my confusion .............:)

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
786star said:
so i am again confuse .......in my scenario i have never lived with him before then i should write no ....................
cause in the other question they are asking are u currently living with ur sponsor?

if that's the case you answer no on the period of cohabitation then yes with the follow up question. i'm not saying this is correct but you can wait until some seniors here in the forum answer your questions :)

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
786star said:

They ask for all the periods when you lived together. Before or after marriage. If you are living together now you have 2 alternatives:
1. write the date you filled out the forms. Some forum members did that and they had no problem.
2. leave the box blank, print it like that and write by hand PRESENT - other forum members did that and also had no problems.