+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with spouse work history

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Hi guys,

Sorry for multiple posts if you've seen this thread in PNP section.

I've got an ITA and am filling out the eAPR. In my EE Profile, I put the work history of my spouse as NO for one reason that I think foreign experience makes no difference to the CRS score and for another reason that two companies in my wife's work history have gone bankrupt. If IRCC asks for proof of these experiences, which they do, that would be tricky. So, considering all these I thought it would be much easier if I don't mention her work history in the EE Profile.

Now in the eAPR, they ask for much more information about personal activities, where I think it should be consistent with EE Profile. My concern is that whether it looks unrealistic that my wife is not working since 2014? I'm not sure if this is gonna be some problem or cause any trouble in the later stage of PR application or even in job applications in Canada. I highly appreciate it if anyone could point out the risks we may face. If there would be serious problems, I will decline the ITA and reenter the pool.

Please please advise.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys,

I've got an ITA and am filling out the eAPR. In my EE Profile, I put the work history of my spouse as NO for one reason that I think foreign experience makes no difference to the CRS score and for another reason that two companies in my wife's work history have gone bankrupt. If IRCC asks for proof of these experiences, which they do, that would be tricky. So, considering all these I thought it would be much easier if I don't mention her work history in the EE Profile.

Now in the eAPR, they ask for much more information about personal activities, where I think it should be consistent with EE Profile. My concern is that whether it looks unrealistic that my wife is not working since 2014? I'm not sure if this is gonna be some problem or cause any trouble in the later stage of PR application or even in job applications in Canada. I highly appreciate it if anyone could point out the risks we may face. If there would be serious problems, I will decline the ITA and reenter the pool.

Please please advise.
Zero risk
Just fill in her work experience in personal history accurately ( noting all dates in PH must align with the supporting documents meaning when claiming your work experience education etc.. make double check it doesn't contradict with PH information otherwise you might end up ineligible be careful in this section) and in an LOE explain that you (as family) decided not to claim points for her experience because the company is shut down and it might be a hurdle to get reference letters or maybe for example you think you ain't gaining any points for it anyway or not relevant or require licence in Canada in which you don't have.
You should be ok this way

Reactions: wfingercrossedEE

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi guys,

Please please advise.
Hey. You did the right thing.

Spouse work experience is always optional unless its Canadian one. So, in order to avoid the burden of unnecessary documentation its recommended to simply mention "NO" in spouse Work History. However, in the Personal History section you're supposed to mention all the activities performed in last 10 years.

Its completely logical. Don't panic. As you're not hiding anything by mentioning spouse work details in the Personal History section. Also, this section of eAPR is self-explanatory means no documentation required, even if you included additional entries! Hope this helps. For further information feel free to ping me.

Reactions: wfingercrossedEE

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Zero risk
Just fill in her work experience in personal history accurately ( noting all dates in PH must align with the supporting documents meaning when claiming your work experience education etc.. make double check it doesn't contradict with PH information otherwise you might end up ineligible be careful in this section) and in an LOE explain that you (as family) decided not to claim points for her experience because the company is shut down and it might be a hurdle to get reference letters or maybe for example you think you ain't gaining any points for it anyway or not relevant or require licence in Canada in which you don't have.
You should be ok this way
Thank you very much! I will be careful in PH part.

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Hey. You did the right thing.

Spouse work experience is always optional unless its Canadian one. So, in order to avoid the burden of unnecessary documentation its recommended to simply mention "NO" in spouse Work History. However, in the Personal History section you're supposed to mention all the activities performed in last 10 years.

Its completely logical. Don't panic. As you're not hiding anything by mentioning spouse work details in the Personal History section. Also, this section of eAPR is self-explanatory means no documentation required, even if you included additional entries! Hope this helps. For further information feel free to ping me.
Thank you very much. I will not claim my wife's work experience but I will make all her past activities as detailed as possible. I do have one more doubt to enquire about regarding her education. Unlike her work experience, I did put her master degree in the EE profile for unknown reason.... since it doesn't have an ECA so it's meaningless to claim as well. I suppose I have two options. OPTION 1: in the study and language section of eAPR, I don't list this degree but mention it in personal history. Or OPTION 2: I keep consistent with the EE Profile i.e., mention this degree in both parts. Of course, in this case they will ask me for the proof of it and I will upload this degree in English even though it has not been assessed. Which option would you recommend?