+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON-LAW UNION

j.d

Jul 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help me guys i want to declare my girlfriend as my common law partner but how can i prove it ? we have no joint back accounts, we are not living in the same house, etc.. but we have a baby girl but unfortunately im not listed in the birth certificate as her father because we are not in good terms when she gave birth but i have done actions I consulted it to attorney and he gave me "AFFIDAVIT TO USE THE SURNAME OF THE FATHER" or better known as REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9255.. ME my partner and the authorized notary public signed it and the notary public filed it.. so guys what do you think? how can i declare my girlfrnd as my common law partners? thanks guys.. godbless

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
j.d said:
help me guys i want to declare my girlfriend as my common law partner but how can i prove it ? we have no joint back accounts, we are not living in the same house, etc.. but we have a baby girl but unfortunately im not listed in the birth certificate as her father because we are not in good terms when she gave birth but i have done actions I consulted it to attorney and he gave me "AFFIDAVIT TO USE THE SURNAME OF THE FATHER" or better known as REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9255.. ME my partner and the authorized notary public signed it and the notary public filed it.. so guys what do you think? how can i declare my girlfrnd as my common law partners? thanks guys.. godbless
Having a child together doesn't automatically classify you and your gf under a common law relationship, even signing the statutory declaration will not make this process for you easier. You need to convince the IO you are indeed in a common law relationship and how do you that?

Need to cohabit in a marriage-like relationship, continuous cohabitation for one year not intermittent cohabitation adding up to a year.

Your best bet is to have them come over to Canada and live with you for a year or you have no choice but to go back home and live with them there. Start building a real relationship, gather all the supporting documents and then apply.

Another route is to get married, make sure you have all the supporting documents and then apply.

In both routes, you need more time and a lot of documents to prove the relationship is genuine.

honey08

Feb 26, 2010
hi im here in canada for almost a year so i want to go to philippines to stay with my same sex partner in the same house for 1year.. my question is how can i start to declare my common law partner if im going to plan to go back to canada?