+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me critical situation want to apply under CEC

ashish83

Oct 13, 2013
Hi I want to apply under CEC as food service supervisor. But my situation is complicated so I am afraid that Visa officer might refuse my application. I need suggestion from experienced folks on this forum. I started working for fast food restaurant in December 2012 as supervisor and it was a franchisee who ran the store for 6 months and then walked out due to loses in business and then store was reopened by the franchisor and it became a corporate store and they ran it for next 3 months before closing down the location due to lack of sales and profitability. Now after almost 2 months I found another job as supervisor at some other fast food store and I know I need to work for 3 more months for being eligible. But I'm very confused whether I should apply under CEC. Firstly I am not sure that I do show the reference letter from my previous employers because I worked for both franchise and corporate. I got pay stubs from three different companies during the period of nine mont. For first 6 months got paid from same company and then for one month from other company which was a subsidiary of the corporation and for last two months got pay cheques from other company which was also a part of head office. Now i am confused ??? that :-[ if I apply under CEC how do I get the reference letter from my employers. Should I get each from franchise and corporate or should I just ask the head office to write the letter on their letter head for the period of total nine months. The corporation is also going through financial crises and you never know when they will file bankruptcy. So I am not even sure that VO will be able to verify the experience. So whether I should start searching for other immigration options and forget about CEC. Please suggest me what should I do.........

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Easiest way for you would be getting a letter from the head office, stating the dates when you were employed, who you were working for, the duties and everything else mentioned in the document checklist.

If they refuse, ask the different companies you worked for, it doesn't matter how many reference letters you submit - as long as they all meet the requirements and state all the necessary information + you meet the 12 months of full-time employment in the end.

In such cases it's always good to submit a few paystubs as supporting documents as well, to proof that you gained the requried
amount of full-time experience.

ashish83

Oct 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your reply and can I mention my Manager cell phone number in the reference letter but he was also laid off by the head office when the location was closed.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ashish83 said:
Thank you so much for your reply and can I mention my Manager cell phone number in the reference letter but he was also laid off by the head office when the location was closed.
You're not the one writing that letter, please keep that in mind. It's the head office, supervisor or HR writing the letter for you.
And they will have to put all the information, outlined by the document checklist, in that letter.

ashish83

Oct 13, 2013
My supervisor will be writing the letter for me on company letterhead with everything mentioned in the checklist but can I ask him to mention his cell phone number just in case the visa officer calls to verify and the way things are going I believe the head office is going to file the bankruptcy before my application opens....I have all the pay stubs with me and T4 from the franchise and head office. In letter does he need to mention the name of the franchise I worked for or just mention that I worked for franchise and corporate both during this period....any suggestions ???

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
iam_toby said:
You're not the one writing that letter, please keep that in mind. It's the head office, supervisor or HR writing the letter for you.
And they will have to put all the information, outlined by the document checklist, in that letter.
True. That said, I did write the draft of one of the letters for my past employer. They verified the accuracy of the details, printed it on their letterhead, signed it and sent it back to me. So that may be an option if you think it will persuade your employer.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
True. That said, I did write the draft of one of the letters for my past employer. They verified the accuracy of the details, printed it on their letterhead, signed it and sent it back to me. So that may be an option if you think it will persuade your employer.
That sounds like a good idea. That way you can make sure that all required information is
included and accurate.