+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help everyone regards H&C

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Tourist can work as volunteer but with one stipulation that they won’t use it for a practicum position. What my mom did was just short term that’s it. Yes I will be careful if something is not allowed. Thanks
Visitors can't volunteer in any position that could actually be a paid position by a Canadian. Visiting seniors in a hospital may e allowed but helping stock shelves at the library would not be allowed just as examples.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Tourist can work as volunteer but with one stipulation that they won’t use it for a practicum position. What my mom did was just short term that’s it. Yes I will be careful if something is not allowed. Thanks
Visitors can't volunteer in any position that could actually be a paid position by a Canadian. Visiting seniors in a hospital may e allowed but helping stock shelves at the library would not be allowed just as examples.
did I tell anywhere that my mom work for any profit organization? No . She helped seniors and accompanied them , which counts as non profit and has no connection with work experience. Thank you so much .

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
I am well aware of this, I spoke to my lawyer and immigration is aware of this so I am not worried .I really appreciate your concern about this . Thanks a lot Canuck78!

Last edited:

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Volunteer work
Accompanying seniors to appointments is actually a paid job now just so you know.
i think my question was not about volunteer work. I am well aware what I am doing. I really appreciate your specific concern about volunteer work :D

Last edited: