+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help again!!!

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Guys I'm so sorry to post many topics with the same subject but I need help!!! As I asked for help in "Need help for Spouse and Partner Application info" about my process in Vienna Visa Office, I'm asking you again:

1. Is there any chance that the process may last more than 2-5 months (since 80% of cases are finalized in 5 months in Vienna)?
2. Just to tell you that my application began on 16 march 2007! When will it finalize (there are no problems with my app, but when I call the Visa Office and ask about application, they say it is still in process), and will the application last more than "2-5" months???
3. I make 5 months on 16 August, so will the application be finished before this date?

I need any answer as soon as possible and I appreciate everyone who gives me any,

Chromination

deedee

Jul 19, 2007
hello, i'm no expert, but i've had to reserch family class sponsorship alot, and i was born in canada, so i know the gov't, they love to take their sweet time. i may be totally wrong, but plan on it taking much longer than 5 months from start to finish. I do know that
1: even though they have received your file, they may not have started processing, and this could take a month or so.
2: it usually takes about 8 months for a very basic 2 person spousal sponsorship
3: it definitively takes longer if there are other people listed on the application
4: the order they process in is sponsoring childen, then spousal sponsorships, then other family

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Thank you deedee but there says We started PROCESSING your application on march 16! They have received it earlier! 4 Months earlier I think! But thanks anyways!

Chromination

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Chromination said:
Guys I'm so sorry to post many topics with the same subject but I need help!!! As I asked for help in "Need help for Spouse and Partner Application info" about my process in Vienna Visa Office, I'm asking you again:

1. Is there any chance that the process may last more than 2-5 months (since 80% of cases are finalized in 5 months in Vienna)? Yes.
2. Just to tell you that my application began on 16 march 2007! When will it finalize (there are no problems with my app, but when I call the Visa Office and ask about application, they say it is still in process), and will the application last more than "2-5" months??? Yes, because according to CIC "Past processing times may not indicate the length of time it will take to finalize applications in the future." And, you missed something from the CIC webpage, and that is, those estimates cover the period April 2006 to March 2007. So, it is possible that the 5 month period is no longer the benchmark for Vienna after March 2007.
3. I make 5 months on 16 August, so will the application be finished before this date? Not necessarily, but it just might.

I need any answer as soon as possible and I appreciate everyone who gives me any,

Look on the bright side, no matter if it takes 5 months or 6 months for you, you will get to Canada since you wrote "there are no problems with my app."

Chromination

Family Class: Spouses and Partners
April 2006 to March 2007

Citizenship and Immigration Canada staff work at locations around the world. Officers in Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates process applications abroad for permanent residence for people wishing to immigrate to Canada.

The tables below show the number of months that were required to approve or refuse applications at visa offices around the world.

The length of time it takes to finalize applications may be different at different visa offices.

Past processing times may not indicate the length of time it will take to finalize applications in the future.

SOURCE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Thanks Libra! That info really helped me! But one thing I haven't clear! Those damn "2-5 months" start counting from the day the application begins processing (as it says in www.cic.gc.ca in e-CAS, We started processing your application on 16 march 2007) or from when Vienna received the application???

Thanks,

Chromination

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Chromination said:
Thanks Libra! That info really helped me! But one thing I haven't clear! Those damn "2-5 months" start counting from the day the application begins processing (as it says in www.cic.gc.ca in e-CAS, We started processing your application on 16 march 2007) or from when Vienna received the application???

Thanks,

Chromination

You start counting from the date on your AOR (Acknowldgment of Receipt), which seems to be 16 March, 2007.

It is a matter of technicality - even though you sent the application 4 months earlier than the date on your AOR, they never received it until after your application went through initial processing and filing on 16 March, 2007.

You will probably hear from them any day now or at or around 16 August, 2007. And don't forget, that the processing times may have changed also, but I believe you will be fine soon enough. Just hang in there ;-)

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Thanks pal! Really thank you! I really don't have patience! Oh and what are the processing times now?

Chromination!

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Chromination said:
Thanks pal! Really thank you! I really don't have patience! Oh and what are the processing times now?

Chromination!
I doubt if anybody other than CIC knows that; we all go by what is on their website.

Anyway, a forum member who filed an application for Family Sponsorship, recently shared the good news that her spouse in Morocco received his visa just this past Friday, and that it took exactly 5 months and 1 week.

Once again, hang in there buddy!

I have quoted the other member's post for you:

Yasmina, it took 5 mos. plus a week in all.
Thanks for your messages of congratulations everyone! I was just talking to Rachid on MSN. He said to say a big thankyou to you all. Again thanks for all your support through this, I don't know what I would have done without it.
Now for flights!
- Penny