+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please check my SOP

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Let me know if my SOP is strong enough and if there are any mistakes. thanks!

To,
The Visa Officer,
Canadian High Commission,
Islamabad.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I completed my A-Levels from Beacon House School Karachi and scored 07 Bands in IELTS Exam.
The reason why I want to obtain my undergraduate degree in Canada is because of its high quality education and diverse culture. I believe Canadian education will not only make me competitive in the job market in Pakistan but would also improve my overall personality.
After spending extensive amount of time researching on different colleges and universities, I chose Sheridan College for its reputation and facilities. I believe I will have a good chance to join big accounting firms in Pakistan after being exposed to Canadian system and obtaining business administration finance degree at Sheridan College
Big accounting firms in Pakistan like PWC and Ernest and Young are extremely difficult to get in, therefore Canadian education will definitely give me an edge over other students
Please find all my documents for the processing of Student Visa.
Thank you for your consideration

Your’s sincerely

d301504

Oct 1, 2015
You should have to give a mention them that you will leave from Canada soon as completed your studies.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
d301504 said:
You should have to give a mention them that you will leave from Canada soon as completed your studies.
But I already mentioned that i want to work for top accounting firms in Pakistan. isn't that enough?

thanks!

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
d301504 said:
Directly saying i will leave Canada leaves a negative impression, best is to explain how the studies will help you back home

d301504

Oct 1, 2015
My meaning was to add a sentence to mind them you will leave Canada when completed. And also it is not a negative thing. That is actually formal thing however most of cic officer want to make sure applicants to leave, not to stay over.

Just make sure. This is my experiences on over few thousands application handling.

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
I feel its too short TBH, make it at least 500 words long, it feels like you dont care with the details, you wrote it for the sake of it(this might not be true but psychologically this is what someone interprets,someone who doesnt know you,aka the VO)

oscar11

Jun 21, 2015
I think this statements is not convincing enough. Also it is very short.

Establish link between your subjects in A levels and your chosen course in canada. What excited you during your studies and what were your interests. What skills and traits you posses and which you want to learn.

Try to explain your level of establishment and your stakes in your home country by giving some insights about documents you have provided for the support of your application.

Mention your short term and long term plans. Make it a one page strong SOP

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
I thought short and straight to the point would be better. Like I just want them to know that the reason why i want to come to Canada is because i would like to work in big accounting firm back home.

Thanks for the help everyone.....i would definitely add more things

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
yes commentators are right when they said its too brief, include details, search this forum and there are many good sop's (better call it study plan)
include following headings and explanation below:
Introduction: About you, your family
current Education:
Why you have selected this program
Why this college/university
why Canada
Financing of your education, introduction of your sponsor if other then parents
Linkages to home country/why you would come back
but in details, at least over two pages at 11 word size of ms word.
your A levels subjects should be relevant to selected program. To say I will join accountancy firms after doing business administration program is not a good idea, you are studying in Canada for admn not accountancy, so give some different plan, talk of working with multinational company for two years then going for MBA in Pakistan or else where.
good luck