+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise me I am so confused

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Hi,

From last 2 years I am in UK (was completing my studies) but originally from Pakistan.
Couple of months ago I finished my studies and got a decent contractual fulltime job for further 2 years.
I have more than 18 months post study work permit.

In all this time I didn’t go anywhere else from UK because of load of studies. So now I planned to go Canada for change.

I checked cic web site. Planned everything (3 months bank statement never touch blow £1000 in last 3 months + 3 payslips + letter from employer) and was about to apply for tourist visa. . Then I discussed it with one of my friend he visit Canada a lot, he said I might get refusal because I didn’t visit my home country in last 2 years. I didn’t get his point, I have finance, I have no reason to stay there then why they will refuse me. Is his point can be true in any way; I stayed outside from my home country from more than 2 years will this going to affect my application. He said I should exit UK once and come back to show I can come back (show strong ties). In this case I can get visit visa of any near European country and plan a visit over weekend and then apply for Canadian tourist visa. This is crap near to me, just waste of time/money.

I am confused and stressed out because of all this confusion. After a long while I was planning to visit this place.

Please someone clarify this, so I can plan my vacations and apply for visa on time.
Please someone also tell me is there any other obligations. Otherwise I am ready to apply.

Would be help full if someone can share his experience to get tourist visa specially processing time and supportive documentation which could strengthen application and points to avoid any complication.

I will wait for advise and clarifications

Best Regards,
Ali.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you should worry about it. Apply for your Canada visa. If they know that you are legally in the UK, they will probably not think you need to come to Canada to stay illegally. In case they refuse you, you can go somewhere else on vacation instead.

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
I have a friend who is living in Germany (She's married to a German guy). They wanted to go to the US for a vacation to celebrate her graduation (sorry I am a bit off the topic since we are just talking about Canadian immigration, but it's pretty similar in many ways). She applied for a visitor visa for 1 week. She went to the appointment and they said to her that she will likely stay there and not come back to Germany.

It was not a big lost to her not to go there for a vacation, because she could save money on that LOL