+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to get my sister from philippines as nanny of my kid

rafela

Nov 5, 2020
Hi everyone,i am just wondering if anyone here have idea if i can sponsor my sister as nanny of my kid.She finish highschool .Have two years experience working as nanny in the philippines.Both me and my husband have full time permanent job.
Thank in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,i am just wondering if anyone here have idea if i can sponsor my sister as nanny of my kid.She finish highschool .Have two years experience working as nanny in the philippines.Both me and my husband have full time permanent job.
Thank in advance.
You can certainly try and it helps that she has related work experience. Make sure you have sufficient income and appropriate housing.

rafela

Nov 5, 2020
Yes we have our own house that she can stay.Does she need work certicate or proof that she work as a nanny? she only finish high school didnt go to college.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yes we have our own house that she can stay.Does she need work certicate or proof that she work as a nanny? she only finish high school didnt go to college.
Keep in mind that she doesn’t have to stay with you. You still have to pay her a wage and if she chooses, she can live elsewhere.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can try. Your application may be more scrutinized because it is a family member. You will need to set up a business number with CRA so that you can pay wages and issue pay stubs etc. You will need to provide NOAs to show you can afford to hire a caregiver. Your wage for your sister must be equal to or above the median wage for your region.

rafela

Nov 5, 2020
okay.but is it still okay even she doesnt have 72 units /or didnt finish college.Only her experience of being a nanny in philipiines?does she still need interview?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
okay.but is it still okay even she doesnt have 72 units /or didnt finish college.Only her experience of being a nanny in philipiines?does she still need interview?
Always better if she has training as a caregiver. Unfortunately there was a lot of abuse of the caregiver program by families so there will be a lot of scrutiny of your application. If she gets refused she should try working for another family.

Jenndemesa

Oct 29, 2020
hi, you can check online on ircc website about caregiver program., there are eligibility requirements stated there like eca and ielts.
it might help you and gain idea on this.