+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Planning] Soft landing at Peach arch border (COPR after March 18, 2020)

div747

Mar 28, 2021
Hello, my COPR (received after March 2020) expires on May 5, 2021 and my H1B expires in August. I was planning do to a soft landing at the Peace arch border (Washington). Given the current condition, it looks like soft landing is not advisable and asking for extension seems to be the only way. However, I will be applying for my H1B extension soon and won't be able to get the new visa stamped until December 2021 and won't be able to leave US until then. Can I ask an extension until Jan 2022 as I will be going to India in December for visa stamping,(dropbox).

What would be advisable to do in this situation?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello, my COPR (received after March 2020) expires on May 5, 2021 and my H1B expires in August. I was planning do to a soft landing at the Peace arch border (Washington). Given the current condition, it looks like soft landing is not advisable and asking for extension seems to be the only way. However, I will be applying for my H1B extension soon and won't be able to get the new visa stamped until December 2021 and won't be able to leave US until then. Can I ask an extension until Jan 2022 as I will be going to India in December for visa stamping,(dropbox).

What would be advisable to do in this situation?
Its better to complete off your landing now if you can. As you have plenty of time for your extension also. Plan to do it in the next month and you will be relieved. Otherwise, its a hassle requesting for extensions on COPR, waiting times and followups. They are allowing soft landing for most of them , you can try yours as well. or else plan for quarantine and you can drive back in the middle if needed.

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
@div747 yeah do it now before your H1B and COPR expires. Folks from US can enter Canada and finish their landing.
My wife and I did the same last week, and it went through fine. You can search for my experience in my posts.