+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning for permanent residence in Ontario

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
Hey, I'm pretty new here and wondered if someone more in the know than me can answer a few questions

I recently moved to Canada on a two year working visa with a view to applying for permanent residency.

I currently live with my girlfriend at her parents residence in Ontario. I work as a freelance web designer/developer.

Will applying for permant residency be difficult for me given these circumstances?

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
through which stream do you want to apply for PR status? there are a variety of ways to apply. immigration is difficult no matter how you apply, so you need to do the research on the IRCC website and figure out specifically how you qualify for pr.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
adamhopkins said:
Hey, I'm pretty new here and wondered if someone more in the know than me can answer a few questions

I recently moved to Canada on a two year working visa with a view to applying for permanent residency.

I currently live with my girlfriend at her parents residence in Ontario. I work as a freelance web designer/developer.

Will applying for permant residency be difficult for me given these circumstances?

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks
You first need to see if you actually qualify for any econimic immigration streams: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/index.asp

Else after 1 year of living together with your gf you will be common-law, so she can then sponsor you for PR under family class. If this is the route you will go, make sure to start collecting tons of evidence of the cohabitation so it will be easier to prove after you qualify. So open as many joint accounts as you can, register for official mail at your address, have her parents make up a rental/lease agreement, etc.