+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning first landing !

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
Dear members
I know this issue should have been raised many times before but i could not find deliberate answer how to proceed with this.

I got my PPR i am landing Saskatoon in summer (first time) and i am really lost how to manage rental from overseas ?
when i imagine this it is like me with accompanying family in the airport with bunch of luggage not knowing where we heading !
Please any guidance or help is very appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear members
I know this issue should have been raised many times before but i could not find deliberate answer how to proceed with this.

I got my PPR i am landing Saskatoon in summer (first time) and i am really lost how to manage rental from overseas ?
when i imagine this it is like me with accompanying family in the airport with bunch of luggage not knowing where we heading !
Have you considered renting an Airbnb for a few weeks (or a month) so you can look around the city and visit rentals in person. You will want to consider whether you need to walk, rely on public transportation or need a car. You can also decide on the neighbourhood you want to live in especially if you have school age kids. Where you live determines where they will go to school.

Reactions: Ortega.konate

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
Have you considered renting an Airbnb for a few weeks (or a month) so you can look around the city and visit rentals in person. You will want to consider whether you need to walk, rely on public transportation or need a car. You can also decide on the neighbourhood you want to live in especially if you have school age kids. Where you live determines where they will go to school.
Thx for your response
i have two kids preparatory, and have zero literature about the area, if you could recommend a zone or a discreet to me that would be awesome so i start my search over Air BnB
thx again

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thx for your response
i have two kids preparatory, and have zero literature about the area, if you could recommend a zone or a discreet to me that would be awesome so i start my search over Air BnB
thx again
I don’t live in Saskatoon. Check the Open Doors Saskatoon which I believe is a website for new immigrants.

• Love

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
@Ortega.konate I am not familiar with Saskatoon but would recommend either an AirBnB or even a hotel for a short period of time, enough to at least find an initial pet of the city you might live in. Get all of the initial paperwork out of the way (health, drivers license, library card, etc) and take a week or so to become familiar with the city. Once you are there it will likely be easier to determine where you want to look for ko get term housing.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Dear members

Not sure of the reason you want to land in Saskatoon. As suggested by most above, AirBnB or hotel may be the good option for first few weeks.
If you are not obliged to land there, you can settle in other city where you know some of your friends and family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure of the reason you want to land in Saskatoon. As suggested by most above, AirBnB or hotel may be the good option for first few weeks.
If you are not obliged to land there, you can settle in other city where you know some of your friends and family.
Saskatoon is actually a beautiful city. SK tends to have a low unemployment rate. Not a bad place to land.