+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Place of issue PR card & date issued

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
What do you fill in for Place of issue and date issued of PR card? Location of Landing and PR since? Or 5 year before expiry of PR card?

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Could you specify the question numbers in the citizenship form where these are asked? I asked the above to my roommate who just got their AOR and told me to ask this question to be able to help

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
What do you fill in for Place of issue and date issued of PR card? Location of Landing and PR since? Or 5 year before expiry of PR card?
Place and date of PR card issue is written on it.
Date of becoming PR is when you actually completed your landing in Canada as PR.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Place and date of PR card issue is written on it.
Date of becoming PR is when you actually completed your landing in Canada as PR.
Where does it say place of issue? I only see place of landing. Also don't see date of issue. It gives an expiry date and date of landing.

Could you specify the question numbers in the citizenship form where these are asked? I asked the above to my roommate who just got their AOR and told me to ask this question to be able to help
question 14, Table A

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Where does it say place of issue? I only see place of landing. Also don't see date of issue. It gives an expiry date and date of landing.

question 14, Table A
You don't need to put your PR card information there. The PR card is not a travel document but just proof of status in Canada. Don't worry about it.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Yes 100% sure, the same link you shared click on Travel document you will have more details information as below.

A travel document is an identity document issued by a government or international treaty organization to facilitate the movement of individuals or small groups of people across international boundaries, following international agreements. Travel documents usually assure other governments that the bearer may return to the issuing country, and are often issued in booklet form to allow other governments to place visas as well as entry and exit stamps into them. The most common travel document is a passport, which usually gives the bearer more privileges like visa-free access to certain countries.[1] However, the term is sometimes used only for those documents which do not bear proof of nationality, such as a refugee travel document.

you cannot use your PR card to cross international boundaries, you cannot use your pr card to get a visa stamp on it, and your pr card doesn't come in a booklet. The PR card is only needed when you are coming back to Canada to prove your status in Canada that is.
For Q14 a) in the application form you don't need to put your pr card information there. Q14 travel document here is referring to refugee travel document as this is used to cross international boundaries not your pr card.

Reactions: indigonation5

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Yes 100% sure, the same link you shared click on Travel document you will have more details information as below.

A travel document is an identity document issued by a government or international treaty organization to facilitate the movement of individuals or small groups of people across international boundaries, following international agreements. Travel documents usually assure other governments that the bearer may return to the issuing country, and are often issued in booklet form to allow other governments to place visas as well as entry and exit stamps into them. The most common travel document is a passport, which usually gives the bearer more privileges like visa-free access to certain countries.[1] However, the term is sometimes used only for those documents which do not bear proof of nationality, such as a refugee travel document.

you cannot use your PR card to cross international boundaries, you cannot use your pr card to get a visa stamp on it, and your pr card doesn't come in a booklet. The PR card is only needed when you are coming back to Canada to prove your status in Canada that is.
For Q14 a) in the application form you don't need to put your pr card information there. Q14 travel document here is referring to refugee travel document as this is used to cross international boundaries not your pr card.
so you don't enter the PR card information anywhere? Don't send them a copy of it?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
so you don't enter the PR card information anywhere? Don't send them a copy of it?
Nope, except UCI number Q3 b). Follow application checklist for the list of document you need to send with your application.
Good luck!

d33harr

Aug 23, 2018
@Gemini020 did you exclude PR card from Q14 travel documents so and it was fine?

Also did you have your Confirmation of Permanent Residency document for your oath? I have misplaced mine and have read that they ask for this. Any information much appreciated.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
@Gemini020 did you exclude PR card from Q14 travel documents so and it was fine?

Also did you have your Confirmation of Permanent Residency document for your oath? I have misplaced mine and have read that they ask for this. Any information much appreciated.
No I don't think I included the PR in the travel documents. And no I did not use CoPR for the oath