+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Place of birth in passport is incorrect

anaszuberi

Dec 29, 2020
So guys after submitting my PR application and getting my AOR yesterday I noticed that I made a fatal error.

While filing out the PR forms (which say that details should be exactly as per passport) I entered my spouse place of birth as "Hyderabad" whereas on the passport bio page it is mentioned as "Karachi".. Actually, the passport one is incorrect (somehow never noticed it till now) and "Hyderabad" is where she was really born.

Now, I have the following options by raising a webform:
1. Keep things simple and tell them that I made a mistake while filling the form and that the place of birth should be "Karachi" as per the passport.

2. Attach an explanation document to highlight the inconsistency and maybe supporting documents such as a copy of the birth certificate and ask them to keep the city as "Hyderabad"? Are any other documents required such an affidavit or something? and do I also tell them that I will get the passport corrected once we are through with the PPR process? as changing the passport number now would be too difficult with all the data linked to current passport. I am personally inclined to take this approach as I dont want to be untruthful.

3. Do nothing and wait and see if they themselves ask for an explanation?

What would you suggest? I would really appreciate your valuable advice at this stage if you can, as we are pulling my hair out right now, don't want all my efforts to go waste due to this silly error.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4) How about withdraw your application, go back to the passport office to make the correction and then reapply?

anaszuberi

Dec 29, 2020
4) How about withdraw your application, go back to the passport office to make the correction and then reapply?
Cant do that.. Its not easy to have the passport details changed and would require a lot of time/effort considering that this is only a minor detail.

Plus, the police certificate, medical etc. of the spouse is linked with the current passport and it would result in complicating the matter.

jerr_canada

Jan 2, 2024
Cant do that.. Its not easy to have the passport details changed and would require a lot of time/effort considering that this is only a minor detail.

Plus, the police certificate, medical etc. of the spouse is linked with the current passport and it would result in complicating the matter.
Hi. What did you do on this? Was your issue resolved?