+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculation

Dec 19, 2016
I am calculating my absences from canada. I have few confusions.

1) 1st Time, before my PR,
I went with my friend to Canada/USA border for his landing without carrying my passport (expecting that he will go for landing and I will wait at Canadian border), However, Canadian Immigration Officer told me to go accompany my friend to USA and come back to Canada as a process of his landing. Then I went to USA border and USA immigration officer rejected us and send us back to Canada. On Canadian border they verified my information and let me in along with my friend. I got no stamp on my passport as i was no carrying it. Today, I checked my i94 USA trips history, it shows departure date for the same day but there is no corresponding arrival date.Does I need to mention this in "Physical Presence Calculator" as a trip ?

2) 2nd Time, before my PR
I accompanied my other inland friend for his landing.This time I carried my passport and I have USA visa. When I went to Canada/USA border with him Canadian Immigration Officer told me again to go accompany my friend to USA and come back to Canada as a process of his landing. But, this time I had USA Visa but USA officer didn't stamp on my passport and returned us from USA border to reenter Canada border. When we entered Canada, I got stamp on my passport. Today , I tried i94 USA travel history, I see those dates. Do i need to mention this in my "Physical Presence Calculator" ?

Last edited: