+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photocopies of passport

misterkel

Mar 29, 2011
probably a dumb question, but the application for citizenship asks for photocopies of passport bio pages. Do I need photocopies of all 20 pages? The last 18 are blank, so...

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Bio pages are usually first page(with photo, signature, date issued etc) and last page(with address etc). If there are observations where in some cases, Passport validity has been updated, they need to be included as well.. You can leave blank pages out.

Reactions: kushari

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
the application for citizenship asks for photocopies of passport bio pages. Do I need photocopies of all 20 pages?
Copies to be submitted WITH the APPLICATION need only be the pages with photo and identity (name, DoB, and such) related information, the "bio" pages. In most passports there are only two pages which are "bio" pages, and these are facing one another.

LATER in the process the applicant will be required to present the entire ORIGINAL passport(s) (all relevant passports) to an interviewer, for review.

I am not clear about current practice in notice for the interview, as to whether IN ADDITION to bringing the ORIGINAL passport(s) to the interview applicants are currently being instructed to also bring a full copy of ALL pages. At the time of mine (years ago now), the instructions were to bring a full copy of all pages. And I did. Which the interviewer accepted and seemed grateful for, but also seemed surprised that I had actually done this.

Translations:

Obviously, if there is information on the copied bio pages which is not in English or French, a proper translation should be submitted with the copies. (General instructions in the instruction guide clearly call for any information submitted which is not in one of the official languages to be accompanied by a proper translation.)

Otherwise, for example, applicants who have information in passport stamps which is not in one of the official languages do not need a proper translation of stamps at the time of making the application BUT WILL need to bring the translation when they appear for the interview. Caveat: enforcement of this tends to be uneven, depending on the actual content of stamps and languages involved; and many seem to be OK without a translation, including me: I did not bring a translation of the very few stamps in my passport which contained just a few terms not in English or French, NO problem . . . but context easily indicated the dates and nature of the stamps in my passport, and again there were very few terms in neither English nor French, I had a very large margin of time in Canada over the minimum, and I felt comfortable not following the instruction despite my usual exhortation to follow the instructions.