7th Sept 2010 (Dated 31st Aug)
File Transfer...
31 Aug 2010
Med's Done....
15th May 2010
Passport Req..
26th Sept 2010 (Dated 20th Sept)
VISA ISSUED...
30 Nov 2010 (4 months 3 days total time)
hello all

My husband is undergoing medical examination in India. The immigrants guide (part 2 of the kit, page 6) says that

" Persons living in the countries listed below must also provide a negative and two photos (See Photo Specifications section within this document) for themselves and each family member: Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam."

1) IS this really the case? We are unable to find a studio who can provide us negative. Everything now is digital.

2) Are these negatives and two photos need to be submitted do the doctor in addition to the 5 photos he request? or these are to be submitted along with the immigration application (in addition to the 6 immigration photos).

Thanks
knayaka

I

iarblue

You dont need to send negatives anymore but if your doctor is requesting 5 then you need to send him 5 plus you need 3 for immigration.And you only have to get photos for people being sponsored,unless its a dependant that might be sponsored later on.

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
Hi ..

Reg photo negatives,i am not aware about other cities but in chennai you have this facility only in NUNGAMBAKKAM KONICA shop which is opposite to ISPAHANI SHOPPING MALL,NUNGAMBAKKAM.

May be if ur husband is in someother city,then ask him to check for negative photos at the Main KONICA lab in ur city or any big chain's Main Lab.

B

boyee6576

My husband is also from India but we never sent in negatives. I have not even heard of this until now. When he had his medical the dr never asked for any negatives.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
You dont need to send negatives anymore but if your doctor is requesting 5 then you need to send him 5 plus you need 3 for immigration.And you only have to get photos for people being sponsored,unless its a dependant that might be sponsored later on.
NO! This is incorrect.

You need to follow the country specific instructions for the visa office you applying to. So if you check the instructions for India, you will see that you need 6 photos for immigration. See the Document Checklist here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3904E.PDF Also, as stated on page 7 of the Immigrant's Guide, applicants from Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam are also asked to provide the negative along with their immigration photos. The number of photos that you bring to your medical is always 5. This does not vary from country to country. The negative is sent along with your application, not submitted to the DMP. So before you go saying that something is not needed, you need to check what the instructions actually say.

My husband applied through New Delhi and he included the negative. We didn't find it hard to find a photographer who could provide us with a negative. Any good professional photographer will have digital and film cameras.

So knayaka, you will need 5 photos for the DMP and 6 photos for your application + the negative. Up to you if you want to skip including the negative. Personally, I would not risk it as that is what is stated in the Immigrant's Guide. I would think that if there were any change to this that they would have updated the Guide.

gridhack

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
File Transfer...
30-04-2010
Med's Done....
26-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2010
I think the negative requirement is to imprint your photo ID onto the x-ray. Some DMPs require this. It makes no sense for immigration to accept digital ID photos and also require a negative. I didn't send a negative and neither CHC-M nor CHC-Colombo asked for it.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gridhack said:
I think the negative requirement is to imprint your photo ID onto the x-ray. Some DMPs require this. It makes no sense for immigration to accept digital ID photos and also require a negative. I didn't send a negative and neither CHC-M nor CHC-Colombo asked for it.
DMPs do NOT require negatives and they definitely do not imprint your photo onto an xray. The negative is a requirement for the visa offices listed above. Requirements are standard across all DMPs, with regulations set by Canada Immigration. Individual DMPs cannot just change the rules. It would make no sense for DMPs to even ask for a negative. Their job is to ensure that you have no communicable disease; it's not their job to verify that your photos are a true likeness of you. I think the reason why the above countries require a negative is to avoid fraud which was likely a huge problem. You can easily alter a digital image with Photoshop or other software. While not entirely impossible, it's much much more difficult to alter a negative, and pretty easy to tell that it has been altered.

B

boyee6576

I asked my husband about this and he said yes you have to (I had forgotten ;D Its hard to get but you do need it.