+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo for PR - uploaded only one "side" of the digital photo (no "back" information like my name, studio name, etc)

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
I have just submitted my PR application after receiving the Provincial Nomination last month.

However, minutes after the submission, I was reading the "What happens next" section here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html#ep76

And I noticed that Appendix A specifies that the photo must have some information on the "back side", like my name, date of birth, date the photo was taken, and studio name.
However, the Staples where I took the photo only gave me the digital file with my picture - they didn't give me anything that I could upload with the details of the photo.

So I basically screwed up on the simplest part of the application.

Should I go back to Staples and ask for a new photo with the photo information? Or should I try to ask for the information of the initial photo?
And in case they don't know what I'm talking about (which they should, since they specifically offer the "Photo for PR" service, but who knows), how can I ask them to give me that information, since it's a digital photo (meaning that they can't write that in the "back" of the photo). Should they write it in the receipt? Just a note?

And in any case, how do I update that information now that the application has already been submitted?

Thanks!

ksamj

Nov 6, 2023
any updates on your situation? also did your application change from "Submitted" or still stuck there? did PR officers contact you?

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
So, multiple sources mentioned that the picture I submitted should be enough! The back side of the photo was more for paper applications and is not needed anymore, is what I read and also what I was told. However, my application is still in "submitted" status. No one has contacted me yet.