+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone records PLEASE HELP!!!

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Hi there! So here is my dilemma!

I am beginning the sponsorship process, and have just begun to get all my information together - emails, photos, phone records and such and have run into an issue! Well me and my now husband were speaking with the phone I wasn't keeping phone records as I didn't think I would ever need them. And now I need them! I just called my cell phone provider, and the phone card provider that I use. They are unable to reprint my phone bills unless I get a from a court subpoena .... Has anyone else run into the same issue? And if so what did you do?

Any advice on what I can do, or how to go about getting a court subpoena for phone records would be very helpful!

BostonGirl

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also wondering about phone records.
I use Verizon Fios because it offers unlimited call in from US to Canada.
The bills come with no log attached. I wonder if there is any way to get a log
since we have been speaking on it since September 09.

I'm sure a lot of folks could benifit from advise on this issue.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
katie3234 said:
Hi there! So here is my dilemma!

I am beginning the sponsorship process, and have just begun to get all my information together - emails, photos, phone records and such and have run into an issue! Well me and my now husband were speaking with the phone I wasn't keeping phone records as I didn't think I would ever need them. And now I need them! I just called my cell phone provider, and the phone card provider that I use. They are unable to reprint my phone bills unless I get a from a court subpoena .... Has anyone else run into the same issue? And if so what did you do?

Any advice on what I can do, or how to go about getting a court subpoena for phone records would be very helpful!
i would advise that you call back and speak to another rep and just say there is a discrepancy with your phone bills and you would like copies...if they are in your name it wont be a problem....the phone card provider you may not be able to obtain those records....nothing like explaining the truth on the application

if your chat logs go back months but you are unable to provide phone records for those months then it wont be an issue, but if you dont have emails nor phone records then of course that will raise an eyebrow

msabarish

Jan 20, 2009
Phone records aren't mandatory.....people often show phone records when they live distant from each other. However, if you can prove your relationship with photos and probably email or letter communication, you should be good to go. I wouldn't lose sleep about not having phone records.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Can you access your billing account online? I used that to look at past bills and print off the call detail.

BostonGirl

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder, if I state that my phone plan will not give my records,
but get letters from family on both sides stating that we have been
calling non stop, will that serve the purpose?

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
sbwv09 said:
Can you access your billing account online? I used that to look at past bills and print off the call detail.
That's what I'm doing. Unfortunately on any given day Vonnage's search function may or may not be working and how far back you can actually access varies.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
katie3234 said:
I just called my cell phone provider, and the phone card provider that I use. They are unable to reprint my phone bills unless I get a from a court subpoena ....
The court will give a subpoena only for a criminal matter, in most cases.
Don't just call the cell phone provider and the phone card provider - write them a letter and ask for your phone bills. If they send you the bills, great; if they don't, they will send you a letter stating they won't provide the bills. Then include both your letters and the phone companies' replies in your application. This showed you tried to get the records. Also include an explanation of why you don't have phone records. A clear explanation and proof you tried to get the records is better than nothing.
Visa officers do want to see phone bills, but they also realize a lot of people use phone cards and don't have records. Explain it, and up the amount of proof of a genuine relationship from some other source. Letters from family stating they know you phone each other a lot - and stating how they know this - will help too.