+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone Call from CIC Buffalo

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
I came in this morning to work and my work mate told me he had answered a call from CIC buffalo requesting to speak to my boss. At that time, my boss was not in yet, so when he came in, he was given the message and he immediately returned the call to the Immigration Officer who had called. It was a very brief talk of not more than I minute. According to him, she thanked him for returning her call and wanted to confirm if I had worked there since September 2008 as I had stated in my application, my position and what I did in that position as a manager. I am having some kind of mixed feelings wondering if that was good or bad and would appreciate any comments or probable expectation.

1. Is it usual for CIC to call work places for confirmation?

2. If yes, is that positive or negative?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Tarry

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
1. Yes, why wouldn't they? It's part of the background check.

2. Positive if you tell the truth, negative if you lie.

I think you should be glad that your application has proceeded to the background check. Can you tell us when you submitted the application?

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
jes_ON said:
1. Yes, why wouldn't they? It's part of the background check.

2. Positive if you tell the truth, negative if you lie.

I think you should be glad that your application has proceeded to the background check. Can you tell us when you submitted the application?
If so, then I am the happiest guy today. As I mentioned earlier, she didn't ask any questions. All she wanted was to confirm info I had given. At least now I know my application is moving and hopefully, I will receive IA soon. Below are my time lines

-Application Filed November 5 :
-Bank draft cashed November 17 :
-AOR received Dec. 14, 2009 dated Dec. 08, 2009.

jseeger

Oct 30, 2009
Hey tarry, i have just sent in my bank draft, how do you check that they have cashed it. to give myself an idea of time line too.
cheers
J

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
jseeger said:
Hey tarry, i have just sent in my bank draft, how do you check that they have cashed it. to give myself an idea of time line too.
cheers
J
To J:

I waited for about three weeks after mailing and took my receipt to the bank I had purchased the draft and request a proof that the draft had been honored by the bank. So the Teller printed out a receipt for me which had all the information except the name of the party it was paid to.

Ask your bank and I am pretty sure they will be pleased the give you the receipt if the draft has been cashed.

Cheers!!!

jseeger

Oct 30, 2009
Tarry said:
To J:

I waited for about three weeks after mailing and took my receipt to the bank I had purchased the draft and request a proof that the draft had been honored by the bank. So the Teller printed out a receipt for me which had all the information except the name of the party it was paid to.

Ask your bank and I am pretty sure they will be pleased the give you the receipt if the draft has been cashed.

Cheers!!!
Hey Tarry, why is it that tey say that your application would be delayed if you call to check on status, when the online status check doesn't update?