+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused, return to Canada..

ImAakash

Jul 4, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm in my home country...so I completed my 2yr diploma in Canada and had 1sem part during fall because of which my PGWP got refused.. after that i came back to home as my family was worried during this covid 19 times. Its been 6 month since my study permit expired.. I would like to return to Canada by the end of this year.. what would be my options?
Return on study visa through choosing a program related to my field in Jan intake ..please need your views.. is getting study permit a valid option to go ???

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can apply for another study permit assuming you're a genuine student. Be prepared to go through the same process as before in terms of showing proof of funds and proving your intentions are not to overstay or work illegally. Given your history, you may face some additional scrutiny in this regard, as your PGWP refusal could be seen as an indicator your plan is to try and work rather than study. Make sure it's clear how studying more will help your job prospects back in your home country.

If your goal is a PGWP, ensure you're full-time in every semester except your last one.

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Hi Guys, I'm in my home country...so I completed my 2yr diploma in Canada and had 1sem part during fall because of which my PGWP got refused.. after that i came back to home as my family was worried during this covid 19 times. Its been 6 month since my study permit expired.. I would like to return to Canada by the end of this year.. what would be my options?
Return on study visa through choosing a program related to my field in Jan intake ..please need your views.. is getting study permit a valid option to go ???
Where do you want to come to Canada ?
Getting a visitor visa will be easier for you than getting another study permit since you recently got your pgwp rejected

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
"Course" and "program" are synonymous in many cases. :)
It's actually an important distinction.

People sometimes make the mistake of thinking they can come to Canada without a study permit and take a course that is six months or less where that course is part of a longer program they plan to complete. They make the mistake of thinking they can complete the first course of the program without a study permit and only need to get a study permit once they move on with the rest of their studies.

Long story short, if the total duration of studies in Canada is greater than six months, a study permit is required to start studying eve if the first course in the program of study is less than six months.

Reactions: Das67