+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

Ashhhhhhh

Apr 16, 2024
My program started in May 2021...
• Fall 2021, I failed in one course, which led to part time.
- Spring 2022, I took 2 courses (6 credits), but as per my university's policy it is considered a scheduled break.
After that,
• after Fall 2023, I got suspended from my institute due to low CGPA for 8 months, so I changed my institution to another DLI. My admission application was in process in Spring 2023 so I neither studied or worked at that time.
• Summer 2023, I studied at another DLI institute and apply for readmission at my previous one, while studying as a full time student.
• my previous Study permit expired in September 2023. So before that I got my new study permit that is valid till November 2024.
• so for Fall 2023 I got readmission at my first institute and completed my study there. I received my program completion letter on January 22, 2024 and I applied for PGWP on February 4, 2024 by myself.
• April 12, I received my refusal letter saying I was part time during my study in Canada.

Can anyone help me out? What should I do? Should I just ask for reconsideration on Web form? As I wasn't part time intentionally.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My program started in May 2021...
• Fall 2021, I failed in one course, which led to part time.
- Spring 2022, I took 2 courses (6 credits), but as per my university's policy it is considered a scheduled break.
After that,
• after Fall 2023, I got suspended from my institute due to low CGPA for 8 months, so I changed my institution to another DLI. My admission application was in process in Spring 2023 so I neither studied or worked at that time.
• Summer 2023, I studied at another DLI institute and apply for readmission at my previous one, while studying as a full time student.
• my previous Study permit expired in September 2023. So before that I got my new study permit that is valid till November 2024.
• so for Fall 2023 I got readmission at my first institute and completed my study there. I received my program completion letter on January 22, 2024 and I applied for PGWP on February 4, 2024 by myself.
• April 12, I received my refusal letter saying I was part time during my study in Canada.

Can anyone help me out? What should I do? Should I just ask for reconsideration on Web form? As I wasn't part time intentionally.
So you can only be part time for the last semester of your program, even if not intentional. You were suspended too so you were never Plus you changed DLIs and never completed full time program. IMO no sense in applying for reconsideration as you were never eligible when you go suspended, change DLI, changed back to original DLI.

Last edited:

Ashhhhhhh

Apr 16, 2024
Suspension is not a reason for refusal. I didn't take break any rules. My CGPA got low due to some family issues. And my advisor told me not to take that many courses.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Suspension is not a reason for refusal. I didn't take break any rules. My CGPA got low due to some family issues. And my advisor told me not to take that many courses.
IMO no sense in applying for reconsideration as you were never eligible when you got suspended, changed DLI, changed back to original DLI. You had to be full time for your program except for last semester.

Ashhhhhhh

Apr 16, 2024
I was full time for my program it was just one semester I was enrolled in 3 courses but failed in one and ended up being part time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was full time for my program it was just one semester I was enrolled in 3 courses but failed in one and ended up being part time
So was it the last semester. If not, you aren’t eligible for PGWP. You also changed DLIs within completion of the program which is not allowed. You can ask for reconsideration but IRCC doesn’t have to reopen your file. Get a lawyer.

Ashhhhhhh

Apr 16, 2024
Okay but I did inform IRCC when I changed my DLIs and explained my situation. That time they didn't say there was any problem.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay but I did inform IRCC when I changed my DLIs and explained my situation. That time they didn't say there was any problem.
That is fine but then you went back to your original DLI to complete the program. The program completion should be more or less continuous with no breaks except for authorized leave. Get a lawyer.

Ashhhhhhh

Apr 16, 2024
Yes, I didn't take any breaks before I went to my original DLI. Did Summer 2023 in new DLI and then Fall 2023 in my Original one.