+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP lost in mail

deyvipolo

Jan 11, 2019
Hi,

my PGWP was approved but got lost in the mail and i haven’t received it (it’s been about a month). i have a trip soon and need to get my TRV.

If i go to the border, does CBSA issue work permits on the spot? it’s already approved, it would just need to be printed. I’ve tried everything else and this is probably my last shot.

Reactions: Lynnhgg

quang940805

Jun 27, 2018
In the approval email that said that within the next 6 weeks, if you don't get it, contact CIC to request resend it.

deyvipolo

Jan 11, 2019
i know about both of those. the issue is i have a flight already booked and waiting six weeks plus the replacement time would mean i wouldn’t be able to travel so i am wondering if there is any other way to get it faster, maybe at the birder or something?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i know about both of those. the issue is i have a flight already booked and waiting six weeks plus the replacement time would mean i wouldn’t be able to travel so i am wondering if there is any other way to get it faster, maybe at the birder or something?
You can certainly try asking at the border.

You can apply for a new TRV without the physical PGWP in your possession. IRCC will be able to see the approved permit in the system when processing the TRV app.

Lynnhgg

Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

my PGWP was approved but got lost in the mail and i haven’t received it (it’s been about a month). i have a trip soon and need to get my TRV.

If i go to the border, does CBSA issue work permits on the spot? it’s already approved, it would just need to be printed. I’ve tried everything else and this is probably my last shot.
Hi, I know it's been a year now but I got in the same situation right now. I have tried to call IRCC and use the Webform several times but I got no response. I have an international flight in a week and there is still nothing. So I'm curious what is the answer to your question? Does CBSA issue your work permit on the spot when you reentered Canada?