+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP inquires

jtw9916

Aug 28, 2021
Hi, i wonder is it possible to get approval if i submitted the document at exact 90days after my study permit expires? I submitted the restoration receipt and school cover letter as supporting documents.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Hi, i wonder is it possible to get approval if i submitted the document at exact 90days after my study permit expires? I submitted the restoration receipt and school cover letter as supporting documents.
Applicants must apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) within 180 days of obtaining written confirmation, such as an official letter or transcript, from the designated learning institution (DLI) indicating that they have met the requirements for completing their program of study. Check this out: Post-graduation work permit (PGWP) validity and application - Canada.ca

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Also, If you don’t change your status to visitor and your study permit expires, you have up to 90 days after your study permit expires to apply for a PGWP and restore your status as a student. Work in Canada after you graduate: How to apply - Canada.ca
So this means, if you submit your PGWP application on the 90th day, you're safe. Just make sure not to miss your last day. Otherwise, your application might be rejected.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Also, If you don’t change your status to visitor and your study permit expires, you have up to 90 days after your study permit expires to apply for a PGWP and restore your status as a student. Work in Canada after you graduate: How to apply - Canada.ca
So this means, if you submit your PGWP application on the 90th day, you're safe. Just make sure not to miss your last day. Otherwise, your application might be rejected.

jtw9916

Aug 28, 2021
Thank you for your responds and help. I wasn't sure i'm safe or not when i reapplied.