+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Family Information Form (Common-Law Partner Applying Later)

amp89

Jul 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

First off, thank you for all the information you share here. It's been really helpful for us.

I'm applying for a PGWP. Since my common-law partner will be able to extend his OWP when I get my letter of employment and three paystubs, I'm not sure if I should check "Yes" or "No" to the question "Common-law Partner: Will accompany you to Canada?" in the Family Information Form. What is your experience with this?

I answered "No" to the question "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?" when I started my application, and the International Students Department at my university confirmed that this is the right way to go.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

First off, thank you for all the information you share here. It's been really helpful for us.

I'm applying for a PGWP. Since my common-law partner will be able to extend his OWP when I get my letter of employment and three paystubs, I'm not sure if I should check "Yes" or "No" to the question "Common-law Partner: Will accompany you to Canada?" in the Family Information Form. What is your experience with this?

I answered "No" to the question "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?" when I started my application, and the International Students Department at my university confirmed that this is the right way to go.

Thank you.
Would have said yes. Your partner is already in Canada and seems to have previously received an OWP based on your study permit.