+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

poo060523

Sep 13, 2023
It has been 42 days since I submitted my PGWP extension application from India under the public policy category, and I have yet to receive any updates. Both my husband and I applied together. According to the online processing time information, it should take approximately 8 weeks, but our application seems to be stuck at the eligibility review and background verification stage. Is there a cause for concern? I've noticed that some people's applications are processed within 20-30 days.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
It has been 42 days since I submitted my PGWP extension application from India under the public policy category, and I have yet to receive any updates. Both my husband and I applied together. According to the online processing time information, it should take approximately 8 weeks, but our application seems to be stuck at the eligibility review and background verification stage. Is there a cause for concern? I've noticed that some people's applications are processed within 20-30 days.
This is very random and nothing much can be done except wait

You can raise a webform if you have any urgent need for this to be processed but the webform may or may not be acknowledged

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
8 weeks = 56 days. You are still within the AVERAGE processing time. Some are faster, some longer. Every app is different, have patience, wait for a while before getting concerned. The on-line tracker isn't always updated in a timely manner so not always reliable.

poo060523

Sep 13, 2023
I raised a webform as well but no response. And, the processing time has been extended to 9 weeks. Will the recent diplomatic downfall between India and Canada affect application processing times?

Last edited: