+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension refusal 2023

Gagan2112

Nov 29, 2023
Hey,

I applied for pgwp extension for my open work permit in september which was expiring in october 2023 from India.
I got a refusal letter saying -
" I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• Not eligible for Open Work Permit.
Your permit has expired.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
"

I applied under this scheme - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders.html which is till 31 december.

Did anybody get the refusal for same or Can guide what should I do now to extend my work permit as now I can't travel back to Canada ?

batalaBatala

Jan 21, 2020
Hello, did you apply for the reconsideration? I have also applied pgwp ext on 22 December 2025 have not got any update yet other than biometric and medical. Can you plz share your exact timeline of your application one got rejected?

batalaBatala

Jan 21, 2020
Hey,

I applied for pgwp extension for my open work permit in september which was expiring in october 2023 from India.
I got a refusal letter saying -
" I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• Not eligible for Open Work Permit.
Your permit has expired.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
"

I applied under this scheme - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders.html which is till 31 december.

Did anybody get the refusal for same or Can guide what should I do now to extend my work permit as now I can't travel back to Canada ?
Hello, did you apply for the reconsideration? I have also applied pgwp ext on 22 December 2025 have not got any update yet other than biometric and medical. Can you plz share your exact timeline of your application one got rejected?