+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Eligibility

Kazmanowk

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
I have another question. I have all the documents to submit my application for the extension of my student permit like confirmation of enrollment and transcript. My problem is the Letter of Acceptance. The International Education Department is not answering my calls and email. Is the confirmation of enrollment be sufficient?
You only need your official transcript and verification on enrollment

AliMay

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
You only need your official transcript and verification on enrollment
Thank you so much. Another question, the course is not available in summer/spring term. My coordinator said that it is only available in September and January. Will this affect my eligibility to apply for PGWP? Like I am not enroll during spring/summer term

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
They have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed and submitted as part of their post-graduation work permit application. Exceptions can be made only for the following:
Hi. What about the pt I got Outside of Canada. I started my studies in my country and my second term(spring)was part time(online from my country). I just got my study permit as I got to Canada and I'm registered full time.

AliMay

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi. What about the pt I got Outside of Canada. I started my studies in my country and my second term(spring)was part time(online from my country). I just got my study permit as I got to Canada and I'm registered full time.

Part-time status
Students in or outside of Canada may have been required to put their studies on hold or become part-time students due to course cancellations as a result of public health measures at DLIs. For the winter, spring and summer 2020 semesters only, when a student’s status changed from full time to part time due to changes in course delivery at a DLI, their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit will not be impacted.

Source:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
Part-time status
Students in or outside of Canada may have been required to put their studies on hold or become part-time students due to course cancellations as a result of public health measures at DLIs. For the winter, spring and summer 2020 semesters only, when a student’s status changed from full time to part time due to changes in course delivery at a DLI, their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit will not be impacted.

Source:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html
Sadly mine is spring 2021

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
Part-time status

I just emailed my school and they said that part time in spring is okay because it is a regularly scheduled break :)

AliMay

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
I just emailed my school and they said that part time in spring is okay because it is a regularly scheduled break :)
That’s a great news. You can also attach an explanation letter since visa officers are humans and they can understand it.