+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved but not mailed out ?

daw422

Apr 7, 2014
Hi Guys,

I apply for PGWP online on March 17, 2014. Since then no update on my online account. It showed "submitted" all the time. I called cic agent and was told it was approved on March 27. I still do not have the permit in the mail today. Any ideas what happened?!! Is it normal?

THanks a lot!

daw422

Apr 7, 2014
Did anyone have study permit/work permit application inside Canada around March 17? Have you got your permit yet? Thank you very much!

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it actually takes a while. took me 3-4 weeks to get it. You're talking about post graduation work permit right?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daw422 said:
Thanks for your reply! Yes, it's post graduation work permit. My friend also applied in March. He got it in the mail 4 days after approval.... My approval was 11 days ago. CIC says it has not mailed it.
Everyone's situation is different - just because your friend got his 4 days after approval, doesn't mean you will get yours at the same rate. The normal processing time is about 1 month from mailing out your application to approval to receiving your work permit. So just sit tight - it'll be there!

daw422

Apr 7, 2014
Johnny31 said:
Everyone's situation is different - just because your friend got his 4 days after approval, doesn't mean you will get yours at the same rate. The normal processing time is about 1 month from mailing out your application to approval to receiving your work permit. So just sit tight - it'll be there!
Thank you very much. Because my study permit expired shortly after I applied for PGWP. So...my driver's licence, health card, SIN all expired. Need the permit badly.

daw422

Apr 7, 2014
dior12 said:
it actually takes a while. took me 3-4 weeks to get it. You're talking about post graduation work permit right?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am talking about Post graduation work permit. I just don't understand why cic does not mail it after they approved it

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw you have to get temporary health insurance, because provincial insurance only covers you 90 days from the time you apply for it.

daw422

Apr 7, 2014
dior12 said:
Btw you have to get temporary health insurance, because provincial insurance only covers you 90 days from the time you apply for it.
Thanks a lot again. CIC still didn't print my PGWP. I called CIC call center again and the agent said time limit for printing is up. So the agent emailed case processing centre to push it.

simi_boop

Jul 2, 2013
Hi, please how did you upload the required documents online(for PGWP)?, the passport page additionally they said study permit/pages with any stamp etc, and the upload allows just one document, was thinking of doing a collage of all the documents but doesnt really make sense to me.

Also, did your letter from your school specifically state the length of your studies or the official length of your program?

Thanks!