+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved but not finalised

arnoldtz

Sep 14, 2016
Hey Guys,

I completed my 2 year program in May 2016 and applied for my PGWP on July 13, 2016 . My student permit and SIN got expired on 31st July 2016. Till today when I login to the CIC account online it still shows me Status : Open Final decision : Not started. I have been calling the immigration customer call centre since last month and when they looked into my file they said your PGWP is approved on our records but not finalised. I asked them how long will it take and they said an enquiry has already been sent on 30th August 2016 and we are waiting for the reply and status update.
Its been close to 2 and half months now and still its showing me the same. I called them yesterday and same response. I am getting field job offers for fulltime position and companies ask me by when will i get the work permit. Can i still work on my current status.

Has anyone else gone through the same experience with PGWP. If so, please share your experience here.

Experienced members,,have you'll come across any members with same experience. Please let me know.

Please advice..

Thanks.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
arnoldtz said:
Hey Guys,

I completed my 2 year program in May 2016 and applied for my PGWP on July 13, 2016 . My student permit and SIN got expired on 31st July 2016. Till today when I login to the CIC account online it still shows me Status : Open Final decision : Not started. I have been calling the immigration customer call centre since last month and when they looked into my file they said your PGWP is approved on our records but not finalised. I asked them how long will it take and they said an enquiry has already been sent on 30th August 2016 and we are waiting for the reply and status update.
Its been close to 2 and half months now and still its showing me the same. I called them yesterday and same response. I am getting field job offers for fulltime position and companies ask me by when will i get the work permit. Can i still work on my current status.

Has anyone else gone through the same experience with PGWP. If so, please share your experience here.

Experienced members,,have you'll come across any members with same experience. Please let me know.

Please advice..

Thanks.
Yes, you can work, you are in implied status.

Good luck trying to explain that to employers... they tend to run away from people in implied status AND expired SINs.