+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application with only unofficial transcript to get maintained status ASAP

CVCV kai

Apr 5, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am a graduating Int'l student and just got an offer commencing on Apr 15th.
I have known that there is a temporary public policy allowing us int'l student to work until Apr 30.
Is it a good option to submit my PGWP application on Apr 29 with only unofficial transcripts? The university claimed they can only provide a graduation letter and official transcript till May 20 and May 12 respectively.

I heard if I submitted with unofficial transcripts, I am still allowed to update an official transcript later by web form.
The pro is clear that I can get maintained status and legally work full-timely. The drawback might be insufficient materials provided to IRCC, and they might reject my application before I update official transcripts and grad letter.

What's your guys' opinion?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I have known that there is a temporary public policy allowing us int'l student to work until Apr 30.
Is it a good option to submit my PGWP application on Apr 29 with only unofficial transcripts? The university claimed they can only provide a graduation letter and official transcript till May 20 and May 12 respectively.

I heard if I submitted with unofficial transcripts, I am still allowed to update an official transcript later by web form.
The pro is clear that I can get maintained status and legally work full-timely. The drawback might be insufficient materials provided to IRCC, and they might reject my application before I update official transcripts and grad letter.

When are you completing your program?

This policy only applies if you are studying. If you've completed your program, you don't fall under the policy.

CVCV kai

Apr 5, 2024
I'm still full time studying. The last day of my final semester is Apr 30. Since I can only get my official transcript by May, this policy should work fine with my condition.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm still full time studying. The last day of my final semester is Apr 30. Since I can only get my official transcript by May, this policy should work fine with my condition.
Yes, that means you can work full time under the policy until April 30th - as long as you meet the other conditions of the policy.

I can't answer your question about applying with an unofficial transcript. Wait for others to respond.

CVCV kai

Apr 5, 2024
Hahah thanks!
Yes, that means you can work full time under the policy until April 30th - as long as you meet the other conditions of the policy.

I can't answer your question about applying with an unofficial transcript. Wait for others to respond.

AndyT

Jun 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can you form a group with your classmates and request the college to postpone the final grade publication to the same date as completion letter ? That will resolve the issue. You can draft your PGWP application in advance ( check how many days it will last in draft) and just upload the remaining two documents before submitting on the same day ( it will take only few minutes but probably take a one or two day off from work that time, if required )

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello everyone,

I applied for my PGWP with only an unofficial transcript and completion letter. But that was four years ago. I was never asked for the official transcript.

Others may have different experience.