+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp 18 month extension

cd00

Nov 16, 2022
Hi, I received the email in August about 18 months extension to the pgwp. My last pgwp expired October 19th. So I expected the extension in the mail by mid October. I haven't received it. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I can't find any way to contact ircc, apart from webforms- to which I haven't had any reply. I have the interim work permit until may 2023. I don't know if I can leave canada and return to work with just that and the ETA. Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: Harvey.nora

Harvey.nora

Nov 28, 2022
I kinda have the same situation here. I got the 1st round email on Aug 2nd and then received my interim work authorization email on Aug 10. Also on Sept 26th I got an email to update/confirm my address butt since my add hadn’t changed I ignored the email. Am I in the clear? #pgwpextension #18_month_pgwpextension

Choco1

Sep 21, 2021
I kinda have the same situation here. I got the 1st round email on Aug 2nd and then received my interim work authorization email on Aug 10. Also on Sept 26th I got an email to update/confirm my address butt since my add hadn’t changed I ignored the email. Am I in the clear? #pgwpextension #18_month_pgwpextension
Hi, I'm in same situation too. Did you receive the permit?

danielx19

Sep 16, 2019
I’m in the same situation too. Did you get the permit?

Jagrup27

Feb 25, 2023
Hey

Everyone were supposed to by apply online by Dec 31st 2022. I did not either and did a late application by the end of January with a letter of explanation. Please get in touch with a consultant asap and try and do a late application. There are lots out there, folks like you and me, who were unaware of the deadline.
The only folks who got the automatic renewal were the ones who had applied for PR under the TR to PR program. Everyone else were supposed to apply online by December 31st 2022.

peterzi

Jan 23, 2023
Hey

Everyone were supposed to by apply online by Dec 31st 2022. I did not either and did a late application by the end of January with a letter of explanation. Please get in touch with a consultant asap and try and do a late application. There are lots out there, folks like you and me, who were unaware of the deadline.
The only folks who got the automatic renewal were the ones who had applied for PR under the TR to PR program. Everyone else were supposed to apply online by December 31st 2022.
Thanks for the explanation, I'm applied at the end of January too. But it takes too long for ircc to process work permit now.
I'm still waiting for mine, have you got yours?

Jagrup27

Feb 25, 2023
Thanks for the explanation, I'm applied at the end of January too. But it takes too long for ircc to process work permit now.
I'm still waiting for mine, have you got yours?
Haven’t heard anything yet. Honestly I don’t expect to hear anything before May ending or even June.
They are currently processing September work permits.

peterzi

Jan 23, 2023
Thanks for the insights, I'm impatiently waiting as well.

Do you think ircc going to pardon us? I felt like their instructions were pretty confusing, as the first email, stated no action is required if no update for the address.
But the following email (which is my mistake of ignoring)instructing we need to update address or they won't send the work permit.

It's crazy how ircc send such critical message in single email, I mean at least warn us that the work permit won't be send if the address is not updated/confirmed. I mean they can do more to remind us.

Jagrup27

Feb 25, 2023
I personally believe IRCC will show discretion as there is mistake on both the ends. We should have been more diligent but at the same time IRCC should have been more clear as well.
A good letter of explanation will make a huge difference.

Reactions: peterzi

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Haven’t heard anything yet. Honestly I don’t expect to hear anything before May ending or even June.
They are currently processing September work permits.
How did you know they're processing September work permits? any links you can share with us?

Jagrup27

Feb 25, 2023
How did you know they're processing September work permits? any links you can share with us?
My Consultant had informed me about couple weeks ago that September applications are getting dealt with.
I heard another consultant say that some of her clients who had submitted applications early November had started seeing approval.

Reactions: kagawa

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
My Consultant had informed me about couple weeks ago that September applications are getting dealt with.
I heard another consultant say that some of her clients who had submitted applications early November had started seeing approval.
I applied Nov 22 so the wait continues. After that I have to apply for a new TRV too.