+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pet friendly accomodation in Toronto / GTA ?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Hi,

We will be doing a soft landing in Jan 2018, and then moving in April 2018 along with our four-legged baby...I was wondering how to go about looking for pet-friendly accommodation, in and around Toronto....also preferably close to a park where she can be exercised daily....

Anybody moved with their pets? Also need to know how was your overall experience with the airline etc.

Thanks,
Kanika

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If for pet friendly temporary accomodation, you can search via website such as expedia.ca and you can see lots of places. Super 8 is one of them. One in google map, you can type in the hotel address to locate nearby parks (preferably off-leashed ones).

Cathay Pacific Airways had been my choice when it comes to air travel with pets.

Last edited:

vinamras

Nov 6, 2017
Hi,

We will be doing a soft landing in Jan 2018, and then moving in April 2018 along with our four-legged baby...I was wondering how to go about looking for pet-friendly accommodation, in and around Toronto....also preferably close to a park where she can be exercised daily....

Anybody moved with their pets? Also need to know how was your overall experience with the airline etc.

Thanks,
Kanika
Hey,

Even I would be moving with my boy to Canada somewhere in the month of Mar/Apr. Maybe we should get in touch to exchange notes, that would be good for our kids.

Regards,
Vinamra

anujoshi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks,
Kanika
Best to try and check online (Kijiji, etc.). I am a Realtor and I work with rentals as well as buying/selling - but it seems like most often, home owners - turned landlords - are not flexible about pets (even though they are supposed to allow them). You can also approach some rental companies of apartment buildings directly if they allow pets in their units. Good luck with your search!

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Hey,

Even I would be moving with my boy to Canada somewhere in the month of Mar/Apr. Maybe we should get in touch to exchange notes, that would be good for our kids.

Regards,
Vinamra
Hi Vinamra,
Look like we will be moving around the same time....am going to fly around Mar15-20 and my baby will follow with my usband in mid-April. So I need to find a good accomodation. Did you find something yet? Pls Watsapp me on 8130680123.
Cheers,
Kanika

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Best to try and check online (Kijiji, etc.). I am a Realtor and I work with rentals as well as buying/selling - but it seems like most often, home owners - turned landlords - are not flexible about pets (even though they are supposed to allow them). You can also approach some rental companies of apartment buildings directly if they allow pets in their units. Good luck with your search!
Thanks! I have been checking Kijiji and WalkScore and it seems really tough finding pet friendly accommodation.
I am landing in Toronto on Mar 20, and my doggy will be landing on April 15, so I would have 2 -3 weeks max to find a suitable place.
Can you help me find something in Mississauga...near Heartland or Meadowvale ?
Thanks

deva_dentist

Nov 4, 2015
Misissisauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Guys, i am living in a pet-friendly apartment which i would like to rent it out for 3 months from April, as i am going out of the country. The apartment is in Homelands / Sheridan park drive on the Erin mills junction. Please inbox me if you need more information. The rent is inclusive of all utilities and apartment insurance.

anujoshi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, i am living in a pet-friendly apartment which i would like to rent it out for 3 months from April, as i am going out of the country. The apartment is in Homelands / Sheridan park drive on the Erin mills junction. Please inbox me if you need more information. The rent is inclusive of all utilities and apartment insurance.
Hey! I have a client coming in March who is looking for accommodation that is pet-friendly. She has a golden retriever. Can you please inbox me your contact and info about the apartment?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am landing next month with a cat and booked an Airbnb for a month that allows pets (there are quite a lot that allows). After that, we plan to find some long-term place (There are quite a lot of self-managed buildings that are pet-friendly, for landlords, it really depends, but many will allow one pet).

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I am landing next month with a cat and booked an Airbnb for a month that allows pets (there are quite a lot that allows). After that, we plan to find some long-term place (There are quite a lot of self-managed buildings that are pet-friendly, for landlords, it really depends, but many will allow one pet).
Good Luck on your travels. I'm in the AoR stage and hoping to move to Canada this year. I will bring my 3 cats as well but once I find a job and a long term place to stay. Do share you experience as it will help people like us.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi @SanKanKun and @vinamras,

My husband and I would be travelling with our three year old cockerspaniel, in the second half of 2018, from India. It will be very helpful to hear about your experience of flying with your pets. Please do share any advice and pointers you might have for fellow pet owners on the forum.

Regards