+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History / Work History

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Merry christmas all!

I have a question on how I should indicate on&off freelance work in my personal/work history.
I created my EE profile on the 28th of November and indicated only my part time / full time work at a company as work experience (under work history), for which I claimed points.
I received an ITA on 20th december and am now filling in the details under personal history.

So between,
  • 3 Apr to 12 Sep 2010 - I did some on and off freelance paid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 20-30 days of work ) - Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)?
  • 12 Sep 2010 to 20 Oct 2011 - Education
  • 20 Oct 2011 to 15 Feb 2012 - I did some on and off freelance unpaid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 30days of work ) - Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)?
  • 15 Feb 2012 to 26 Dec 2012 - Education
  • 26 Dec 2012 to 15 Aug 2013 - I did some on and off freelance unpaid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 15 days of work ) - Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)?
  • 15 Aug 2013 to 10 Feb 2017 - Education
Work history is indicated as :
  • 5 June 2016 to 10 Sep 2017 - Work (Part time)
  • 10 Sep 2017 to present - Work (Full time)
So just want to clarify if I should indicate unemployed or self-employed for the time periods with little freelance work indicated above.

Thank you very much in advance!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Merry christmas all!

I have a question on how I should indicate on&off freelance work in my personal/work history.
I created my EE profile on the 28th of November and indicated only my part time / full time work at a company as work experience (under work history), for which I claimed points.
I received an ITA on 20th december and am now filling in the details under personal history.

So between,
  • 3 Apr to 12 Sep 2010 - I did some on and off freelance paid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 20-30 days of work ) - Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)?
  • 20 Oct 2011 to 15 Feb 2012 - I did some on and off freelance unpaid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 30days of work ) - Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)?
  • 26 Dec 2012 to 15 Aug 2013 - I did some on and off freelance unpaid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 15 days of work ) - Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)?
So just want to clarify if I should indicate unemployed or self-employed for the time periods with little freelance work indicated above.

If you are not claiming points, include in Personal History as it does affect your CRS points.

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
If you are not claiming points, include in Personal History as it does affect your CRS points.
Thank you for your time. I believe you mean it does not affect my CRS right?

And yes, I have already filled it into my personal history. My question was not whether to fill it in the personal history or work history section but rather how that period of my life should be indicated in my personal history.

E.g.
3 Apr to 12 Sep 2010 - I did some on and off freelance paid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 20-30 days of work )
Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)? <- This was my question :)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your time. I believe you mean it does not affect my CRS right?

And yes, I have already filled it into my personal history. My question was not whether to fill it in the personal history or work history section but rather how that period of my life should be indicated in my personal history.

E.g.
3 Apr to 12 Sep 2010 - I did some on and off freelance paid work (not continuous, just a few projects totaling maybe 20-30 days of work )
Should I mention unemployed or employment (self-employed)? <- This was my question :)
My bad, typo there. Does not affect is what i meant.

Think what you mean is there is no paper trail to prove your work experience, right? Don't think it matters, better not to hide anything. I'll let legal falcon answer it.

I would personally include it as self employed.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Self-employed to all in the personal history only. You can make a distinction that those were on/off freelance projects.

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Self-employed to all in the personal history only. You can make a distinction that those were on/off freelance projects.
Does mentioning self-employed under personal history affect your intention to meet the job NOC and will you fill the position?
I have international experience under employment that I’m claiming in my NOC but currently I’m kind of self-employed in family business for 10 months. Shall I write self-employed or unemployed in personal history??

Feb 9, 2024
Merry christmas all!

So between,

@seemefree I am in similar situation.Did you go through the process.