+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenent Residency Obligations

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Mahendrabhai,

What kind of doucments they asked to bring? Is it PPT only or others, Is the document for specific period of time?

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Basically they want to verify your residential status (730 days in preceding 5 years ). So you should carry ALL the documents that support of claim of residency, like passport, utiliyy bills,rent receipts,pay stuff,doctor/laboratory visit dates/ reports etc etc.
Remember that onus of proving your residency obligation lies on you.

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
AK111 said:
Mahendrabhai,

What kind of doucments they asked to bring? Is it PPT only or others, Is the document for specific period of time?
Hi
Thanks for reply.
They asked for so many documents which prove my residency here of previous five years like all passport details,travel history,job statements,bank statements,notice of assessment,documents releted my spouse, children,doctor visit,pharmacy records etc along with questionnarie.
Is there anything else they gone ask please let me inform.
Thanks.
Mahendrabhai

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Kkd said:
Basically they want to verify your residential status (730 days in preceding 5 years ). So you should carry ALL the documents that support of claim of residency, like passport, utiliyy bills,rent receipts,pay stuff,doctor/laboratory visit dates/ reports etc etc.
Remember that onus of proving your residency obligation lies on you.
Hi
Thanks for guidance.
As they have asked lot of documentary residency evidence for my previous five years period.
Is there anything else they are going to verify please let me inform.
Again thanking you.
Mahendrabhai

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Mahendra,
One of the important documents is the passport with a translation of non English or French stamps. Not sure if they asked you to provide that or not.
Also, the five years that they asked; is it from the date of the application or from the date of the questionnaire? This is important as if it is from the questionnaire, it will cover the majority of the period that you were in Canada.
Best,

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
AK111 said:
Mahendra,
One of the important documents is the passport with a translation of non English or French stamps. Not sure if they asked you to provide that or not.
Also, the five years that they asked; is it from the date of the application or from the date of the questionnaire? This is important as if it is from the questionnaire, it will cover the majority of the period that you were in Canada.
Best,
Hi,
Thanks a lot.
They asked for passports old and new.All details from date of questionnaire.I am physical present in Canada since more than last three years.
Thanks.
Mahendrabhai

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Hi
Thanks Canada Citizenship and Immigration as they renewed my PR Card.
Mahendrakumar

AK111 said:
Hi Mahendra,

Any update in your case....will be good to share your experience

AK
Mahendrakumar said:
Hi,
Thanks a lot.
They asked for passports old and new.All details from date of questionnaire.I am physical present in Canada since more than last three years.
Thanks.
Mahendrabhai

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
hi Mahendrakumar
you did not tell what happened when you were interviewed. please update your status.