+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident

Fhil1810

Mar 23, 2018
Hello there, I hope you can help me.

I was left the Canada since August 2015 as permanent, I apply my PRTD last 2018 and my application was decline, they were asking me to appeal the decision, they Give me 60 days to do that, but I dont have enough money that time, Now I want o go back to Canada can I still appeal the decision, And I ma wondering Why I have still access to MY CRA account. Its doesmean that I am still a resident of Canada is it also possible to renew my PR card and send to my home address in Canada and my sister will sent it to me so I can enter In Canada again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there, I hope you can help me.

I was left the Canada since August 2015 as permanent, I apply my PRTD last 2018 and my application was decline, they were asking me to appeal the decision, they Give me 60 days to do that, but I dont have enough money that time, Now I want o go back to Canada can I still appeal the decision, And I ma wondering Why I have still access to MY CRA account. Its doesmean that I am still a resident of Canada is it also possible to renew my PR card and send to my home address in Canada and my sister will sent it to me so I can enter In Canada again?
You are no longer a permanent resident of Canada. No - it is not possible to renew your PR card. Your PR status has been lost.

Since you applied for a PRTD in 2018, the application was declined and then you failed to appeal - this means your PR status has been officially revoked. It is too late to appeal the decision. You only had 60 days to do that after receiving the PRTD refusal.

If you wish to visit Canada temporarily, you will need to apply for a TRV or eTA. If you wish to become a permanent resident again, then you will have to apply for PR again from scratch through an economic immigration program like Express Entry and qualify based on factors like your level of education, work experience, language abilities and funds available to settle yourself in Canada.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk