+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident travel document

vish4501

Jun 13, 2018
Hello All

I need some urgent clarification .

I have my work permit and TRV valid until march 2023.

I am currently in Canada and had my 2 shot of covid vaccine.

I have to travel to the US, next month .

My PR application is in process and don't know how much time would it take. Let's say if I am out of Canada and decision is made.

Q1) IF a decison is made on my PR application, will that dis allow me to under enter with valid work permit/trv ?

Q2) Do I need to apply for PPR?

Q2)Can I cross, the border with valid co-pr and then get stamp at border?

This is confusing , appreciate reply.

Sukriti_b

Jun 19, 2019
Gurgaon
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
29-01-2019
Hi, I need an urgent clarification please,

I have Canada's multiple-entry visitor visa (valid till 2028), work permit (valid till 2024), and COPR. I am still waiting for my first PR card. Can I travel to the US and come back to Canada using my visitor visa. Or, Do I still need PR Travel Document (because this takes months; and I have to come back in a month and a half).

Please suggest! This is very important. Request your inputs!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I need an urgent clarification please,

I have Canada's multiple-entry visitor visa (valid till 2028), work permit (valid till 2024), and COPR. I am still waiting for my first PR card. Can I travel to the US and come back to Canada using my visitor visa. Or, Do I still need PR Travel Document (because this takes months; and I have to come back in a month and a half).

Please suggest! This is very important. Request your inputs!
You can use your COPR as long as you are returning through a land border and not flying.

Aliiiiiii

Sep 4, 2021
Hey guys please help me
I mailed my document for pr on june 2021 from iran . But I forget send original police record document with them . I just sent its translate with stamp . they didn't give me confirmation to receive document or file number . What can I do now ? may be I must mail my police record original page for them !!!! Or send a webform !
help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there any requirement to complete some minimum number of days as PR to apply for a PRTD?

My travel plan is tentative, but looking at current timeline and uncertainty about receiving PR card soon, I am planning to go via this route.

@coprwaitisover - You may also comment :)
To be eligible for prtd 730 something days are required
Note: if you're a new PR (or, more specifically, in the first five years since landing, you need to be OUT of Canada less than 1095 days. (This is the same as the 730 days but basically they'll 'give credit' for days remaining for those in Canada).