+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) Received **OUTSIDE CANADA - NO VISA** next steps

Mar 27, 2020
Hi guys,

Abhishek here, brief history regarding my profile
FSW Inland Applicant
ITA - January 23, 2020
AOR - September 3,2020
Medicals Approved- March 14th 2022
COVID happened..

I received the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) mail from IRCC on April 13th 2022 wherein I was asked the below 2 questions as a part of the template (I have given my reply in Bold)
Are you currently inside Canada: No, I am currently in India
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date: July 31st 2022
the expected return date was tentative at best

Once I replied with the template, I received 2 mails
1) Mail containing the PR Portal link (which expires in 30 days) with a User Name and Temporary Password to be used by people currently/physically in Canada.
2) Mail from IRCC stating the below:
"Good day,
Please inform us once you are back to Canada and you will be receiving instructions (via RFV letter) on how to become a permanent resident upon entry to Canada.
Thank you."

Thing is, I had to travel to India due a personal emergency in December 2021
I have an Open Work Permit that expires in September 2nd 2022
I DO NOT have a Visa of any form at the moment that would let me board a flight back.

Could anyone please let me know what my options are if I have to go ahead and get the COPR and subsequently the PR card
Do I need to apply for a TRV from India and get it stamped here (India), if yes, do I need some sort of LOE as to why I need it from India?
Do I need to reply to the mail I received from IRCC and let them know that I do not have a Visa and ask for them to probably facilitate a PPR from an Indian Visa office?

Is there any other option as I am not too sure what needs to be done next.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Abhishek

sagar2753

Dec 23, 2018
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys,

Abhishek here, brief history regarding my profile
FSW Inland Applicant
ITA - January 23, 2020
AOR - September 3,2020
Medicals Approved- March 14th 2022
COVID happened..

I received the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) mail from IRCC on April 13th 2022 wherein I was asked the below 2 questions as a part of the template (I have given my reply in Bold)
Are you currently inside Canada: No, I am currently in India
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date: July 31st 2022
the expected return date was tentative at best

Once I replied with the template, I received 2 mails
1) Mail containing the PR Portal link (which expires in 30 days) with a User Name and Temporary Password to be used by people currently/physically in Canada.
2) Mail from IRCC stating the below:
"Good day,
Please inform us once you are back to Canada and you will be receiving instructions (via RFV letter) on how to become a permanent resident upon entry to Canada.
Thank you."

Thing is, I had to travel to India due a personal emergency in December 2021
I have an Open Work Permit that expires in September 2nd 2022
I DO NOT have a Visa of any form at the moment that would let me board a flight back.

Could anyone please let me know what my options are if I have to go ahead and get the COPR and subsequently the PR card
Do I need to apply for a TRV from India and get it stamped here (India), if yes, do I need some sort of LOE as to why I need it from India?
Do I need to reply to the mail I received from IRCC and let them know that I do not have a Visa and ask for them to probably facilitate a PPR from an Indian Visa office?

Is there any other option as I am not too sure what needs to be done next.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Abhishek
Hi Abhishek
can i know what happen to your Application ,
i am in same boat but i am going back in 12days i received PPR i inform them that i am outside of canada .
what if they still sent me COPR login details should i ignore that and open my Account when i reach Canada.
is my WP and TRV still valid for travel

HP261

Apr 19, 2021
Hi Abhishek, can you please tell me the timeline of reply from the officers after you received the portal request. How long did they take to reply you back. I am in the same boat but will ask them to issue me PPR instead of portal credentials.

Jan 10, 2024
Hi Abhishek, can you please tell me the timeline of reply from the officers after you received the portal request. How long did they take to reply you back. I am in the same boat but will ask them to issue me PPR instead of portal credentials.
Hi, may I know how long did IRCC take to send you PPR?

Jan 10, 2024
Hi Abhishek
can i know what happen to your Application ,
i am in same boat but i am going back in 12days i received PPR i inform them that i am outside of canada .
what if they still sent me COPR login details should i ignore that and open my Account when i reach Canada.
is my WP and TRV still valid for travel
Hi, may I know how long did IRCC take to send you PPR?