+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residence not yet acquired,but wanna travel to philippines

charel

Mar 18, 2010
im under the live in caregiver program,i applied for my open work permit and permanent residency last january 12,2010.i am planning to go to philippines on july but a lot says i cant go back home if my papers are on process.i have still a valid permit and i just newly renew my contract with my employer.im just wondering if anyone knows if i can go back home even my papers are on process.if yes,i can,do i need to get a re_entry visa for me to be able to come back here in canada
and where can i get one?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
charel said:
im under the live in caregiver program,i applied for my open work permit and permanent residency last january 12,2010.i am planning to go to philippines on july but a lot says i cant go back home if my papers are on process.i have still a valid permit and i just newly renew my contract with my employer.im just wondering if anyone knows if i can go back home even my papers are on process.if yes,i can,do i need to get a re_entry visa for me to be able to come back here in canada
and where can i get one?
If you have a multiple entry visa stamped on your passport and a valid work permit then you should not have any problem getting back in. Just get a letter from your employer that s/he is allowing you to go for a vacation and is coming back to work for her/him.

charel

Mar 18, 2010
my working visa says multiple entry but it will expire already this may 16,2010,and my scheduled flight is july 4,2010.i have a valid working permit coz i just renew it.do i need to apply and renew a working visa,if yes,where can i apply?

charel

Mar 18, 2010
job_seeker said:
If you have a multiple entry visa stamped on your passport and a valid work permit then you should not have any problem getting back in. Just get a letter from your employer that s/he is allowing you to go for a vacation and is coming back to work for her/him.
it says multiple entry but it will expire on may 16,2010 and my scheduled flight is july 4,2010.i have a valid working permit coz i just renew it.do i need to renew and apply a working visa,if yes,where canj i apply and how long it take to get it.?thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
charel said:
it says multiple entry but it will expire on may 16,2010 and my scheduled flight is july 4,2010.i have a valid working permit coz i just renew it.do i need to renew and apply a working visa,if yes,where canj i apply and how long it take to get it.?thanks!
Apply either to Buffalo or Seattle for your TRV. Attach a copy of your WP.